Focal Point
(Resolved)Adding a new dropdown list thats bound to a parameter in HTML Composer

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/1167072506

June 10, 2011, 12:15 PM
ERINP
(Resolved)Adding a new dropdown list thats bound to a parameter in HTML Composer
I have gone round & round with attempting to add a new dropdown list to an HTML form that is bound to a parameter.
I have tried to add the control in design and change its name to the amper variable I need. Then add the parameter in the parameters tab and binding the control to the parameter.
I have tried adding the parameter in the parameters tab then creating the control, renaming it to the same name as the parameter, then binding the control to the parameter.
I have tried at both stages above to re-associate the underlying fex that this HTML program calls when the Submit Button gets clicked.
I have tried to re-fresh unresolved items in the parameters tab to see if it will hook up....to NO avail.
I read Francis Mariani's post from back in March 2011, tried the underlying links, searched the forum, attempted to use the HELP option in Developer Studio but I can not get this darn thing to hook up.
On one of my multiple attempts I recieved what appeared to be a javascript pop up box for an error message with "10000" as the desciption for the error. Never seen this one before???
It would seem that in about 5 minutes I should be able hook up a static dropdown list that contains 2 options for Excel or PDF, default it to Excel, add it as a parameter, click save and be done but THAT doesn't appear to be the case.
Please help.
Thanks,
Erin

This message has been edited. Last edited by: ERINP,

WebFOCUS 7.6.9

Reporting client Windows 2003 Service pack 2 using IIS and TomCat 5.5
Reporting Server OS/400 V5R4M0
Outputs: HTML, Excel, PDF, CSV, and Flat Files
June 13, 2011, 11:45 AM
ERINP
In order for me to add this additional parameter to the HTML Composer this is what I did:
- I added the control (combobox6), renamed it to the parameter name, IN_FORMAT.
- Clicked on the Parameters tab, right clicked on the control (combobox6), chose "Use values from procedure".
- went back to design tab, right clicked on my "Submit" button, Hyperlink properties, clicked on "Additional Parameters" next to the "OK" button, then clicked on the green X.
- Saved the file
- and the parameter was then recognized by the called fex via the "Submit" Button.
The fact that I had added the parameter on the parameters tab and bound the control to it was a portion of my problem. I had to break this binding prior to doing the steps above.

WebFOCUS 7.6.9

Reporting client Windows 2003 Service pack 2 using IIS and TomCat 5.5
Reporting Server OS/400 V5R4M0
Outputs: HTML, Excel, PDF, CSV, and Flat Files
October 23, 2015, 07:31 PM
Doug
Thanks.... Just needed to add "chose Dynamic"

- Clicked on the Parameters tab, right clicked on the control (combobox6), chose Dynamic , chose "Use values from procedure".
October 23, 2015, 08:15 PM
Doug
It would be nice if I had an option to pick: "Additional Parameters", at that point.

Why don't I?

In FOCUS Since 1983 ~ from FOCUS to WebFOCUS.
   Current: WebFOCUS Administrator at FIS Worldpay | 8204, 8206