Focal Point
Error in generating PDF output

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/1171032641

December 30, 2005, 03:33 AM
Dharma
Error in generating PDF output
hi, iam getting a peculiar error these days. There is no error in the code, some times output gets generated correctly and sometimes it gives the following pop up error "The file is damaged and couldn't be repaired". i couldn't understand why this error comes. generally this error comes when some graph's size is more than the length/width of the page, etc. But now there is no error. In fact it runs perfectly one time and gives the above error the next time without changing the code. can any one please explain why this pop up error comes? Output format is PDF.

Thanks,
Dharma
December 30, 2005, 08:20 AM
<RickW>
Did you do a search using "PDF damaged" or "PDF repaired" for some suggestions?

You can try SET PRINTPLUS = ON.

For PDF (Pretty Darn Frustrating) reports that have the potential of "going out of bounds" I try and code the program to make sure the format and layout of the report is always predictable by using specific field widths, page-breaks, etc.

Hope that helps.
December 30, 2005, 05:00 PM
susannah
theres an interesting thread on this error
click

In Focus since 1979///7706m/5 ;wintel 2008/64;OAM security; Oracle db, ///MRE/BID
January 03, 2006, 02:38 PM
MTracker
I am moving from cgi under 5.3 to servlet under 7.1. What I am finding frustrating is that my reports will create the pdf succesfully under 7.1 cgi but get this "file damaged" error when created by the wfservlet. It does seem to be related to page size overflow with rows and columns. I'm not really excited about reworking 100's of reports so they successfully create pdf's under this new version.