Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CASE-OPENED] Random Error Messages

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CASE-OPENED] Random Error Messages
 Login/Join

Gold member
posted
Hi All,

I am using Report Caster for generating reports based on schedule jobs.

There are few intermittent errors because of which the reports are failing continuously.

I tried generating the reports from report caster individually. Individually, all the reports generated are successful and no errors are shown in the report caster logs. However, when same reports are generated in jobs (7 reports per min) following errors come up in report caster.

1. Task error: incoming signal AB spooled by FTM code 2 event 4 not allowed in state 0.
2. Error connecting to the WebFOCUS Reporting Server EDASERVE: EDA SQL STATUS (-11).
3. Task error: EdaPro00.rcv in err state
4. Task error: incomplete mas file.
5. Task error: java.net.SocketException: Socket closed

I have checked the Java code which schedules the reports, ran the report individually through report caster, checked all the configurations of Webfocus but I am still able to get these errors when the reports are triggered through java code.

As these errors are repetitive but every time for different reports, I am not able to find out the root cause for it. The maximum connection pool is set to 30
Is there any configuration change that needs to be done in webfocus side?

Any kind of help is much appreciated.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

Webfocus 7.7.03
Windows XP
Excel, PDF, HTML, APDF, AHTML, Maintain

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Swap,

Have you considered opening a case with IB tech support?
This seems to be something that is not really a topic that belongs in this forum but rather in IB's problem queue.

GamP

- Using AS 8.2.01 on Windows 10 - IE11.
in Focus since 1988

Posts: 1961 | Location: Netherlands | Registered: September 25, 2007Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
I thought I should try in Forums first in case I am lucky, I'll be able to get the answers.

Anyways I have opened a case with IBI and waiting for their response.

In the meantime suggestions are welcome

Webfocus 7.7.03
Windows XP
Excel, PDF, HTML, APDF, AHTML, Maintain

<JG>
posted
Gamp is correct something like this really needs to go to IBI who will almost certainly want servlet traces.

However possible causes are
lack of resources,
connection timeout limits being hit,
to many concurrent processes.

Also look at increasing the java heap size

Report This Post