Focal Point
[CLOSED] Javascript Validation Help needed.Very Very urgent!!

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/1177084376

November 11, 2014, 12:33 AM
info4pal
[CLOSED] Javascript Validation Help needed.Very Very urgent!!
Hi,

Iam using webfocus 8005 version and am stuck with this Javscript validation.Could anyone out there please help me to do this validation in javascript from the launchpage and this is really really very urgent for me.

1)I have a text box wherein the user can enter multiple employee ID's but cannot enter a manager ID and an employee ID at the same time and if they enter a manager ID and an employee ID at the same time,it should alert them with a message or throw an error.
There is a table which fetches the manager and the employee relationship and from that table,we can determine which employee is reporting to which manager and there are over 2Lakh employee id's.As there are >2lakhs of employee and manager ID's ,I can't check for these 2 combinations within the Javascript function using the if else statements or anything else.Any ideas on how to accomplish this is highly appreciated.

2.I have a text box1 wherein multiple ID's can be entered.Also I have a drop down having the values such as Jan 10,Feb 10,Mar 10 to till date and these values are dynamically being populated from a table.
Finally, I have another textbox2 wherein I need to copy the 1st entered above textbox 1's value and the 1st entered above dropdown's value (say in the textbox1,the 1st entered ID is XYZZ and in the dropdown, if Feb 10 is being selected ;then in this textbox2 I need to get as XYZZ0210 but I should also allow the users to edit this textbox at a later stage to enter any values of their choice.)

Could anyone please help me as soon as possible for the above 2 requirements.This is really very urgent.
Thanks a lot in advance!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: <Kathryn Henning>,
November 12, 2014, 07:51 PM
<Kathryn Henning>
Hi,

Since this appears to be a duplicate of the topic at Javascript Validation Help needed.Very Very urgent!!, we'll work from that topic since it's had a reply.

Cheers!

Kathryn