Focal Point
Drill downs on column title

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/1191016772

March 25, 2008, 05:27 AM
Aravindbaalaaji
Drill downs on column title
Hi,

I have an report where drill down feature needs to provided in the column TITLE.

TYPE = TITLE, COLUMN=N4, FOCEXEC = DRILLFEX(variable), $

In the above drill down i need to pass the column title value (eg. assume COUNTRY as the column title) to another fex file.

If anyone have idea on this, please suggest.

Thanks

Thanks and Regards,
Aravindbaalaaji
March 25, 2008, 06:58 AM
Tony A
Aravindbaalaaji,

If you read the style manual dealing with drill downs etc. you would realise that you specify the column -
TYPE=TITLE, COLUMN=N4, FOCEXEC=[fextorun](variable=N4), $

Remember to Read The FOCUS Manual! Wink

T

In FOCUS
since 1986
WebFOCUS Server 8.2.01M, thru 8.2.07 on Windows Svr 2008 R2  
WebFOCUS App Studio 8.2.06 standalone on Windows 10 
March 26, 2008, 12:25 PM
Darin Lee
Sometimes it's a good idea just to try something even though you may not be sure of how to do it. Setting the ECHO to ON or ALL should give you the info you need. The worst that can happen is that it doesn't work and gives an error. If it does work, then you're on your way. In this case trying the standard solution before posting the question would have solved the problem right away. And if ALL ELSE FAILS (or even before that Smiler ) there's always the manuals as Tony suggests.

Regards,

Darin

In FOCUS since 1991
WF Server: 7.7.04 on Linux and Z/OS, ReportCaster, Self-Service, MRE, Java, Flex
Data: DB2/UDB, Adabas, SQL Server Output: HTML,PDF,EXL2K/07, PS, AHTML, Flex
WF Client: 77 on Linux w/Tomcat
March 26, 2008, 05:09 PM
Waz
Aravindbaalaaji, are you wanting to pass the field name to the drilldown, or a value.

If you use
 TYPE=TITLE, COLUMN=N4, FOCEXEC=[fextorun](variable=N4), $ 
you will get the first value in that column.

If you want to pass the field name then use
 TYPE=TITLE, COLUMN=COUNTRY, FOCEXEC=[fextorun](variable='COUNTRY'), $ 

As far as I am aware, you have to specify the field as a literal, i.e. in quotes.

Waz...

Prod:WebFOCUS 7.6.10/8.1.04Upgrade:WebFOCUS 8.2.07OS:LinuxOutputs:HTML, PDF, Excel, PPT
In Focus since 1984
Pity the lost knowledge of an old programmer!