Focal Point
Accessing MRE role

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/1231089582

May 30, 2008, 02:27 PM
MacLonghorn
Accessing MRE role
Any way to access an MRE user's role? I see there are a few MRE variables that are accessible, but nothing like IBIMR_user_role. I'm trying to turn certain features on/off in a dashboard tab, based on the user's role.

Thanks.

Mark
WF 7.6 Windows
May 30, 2008, 04:15 PM
Tom Flynn
Mac,

I don't know all the columns output, or, if user role is among them, but, MREXTRACT would be a likely source, I think...

Tom

Tom Flynn
WebFOCUS 8.1.05 - PROD/QA
DB2 - AS400 - Mainframe
May 31, 2008, 09:10 AM
dhagen
I've put together a security exit that uses an open source html parser to read the user.htm and present some of the data in there as &Variables. Currently it exposes the user's full name and email address. IF you are using the file based (default) MRE authorization, and IF you are using 76, and IF you want to be a guinea pig, I could change the process to include role as well and send you all the necessary JARs and config instructions.

"There is no limit to what you can achieve ... if you don’t care who gets the credit." Roger Abbott
June 01, 2008, 03:08 PM
MacLonghorn
Well, I do meet all those criteria actually. Yes, please send. Thanks so much!

Thanks.

Mark
WF 7.6 Windows
June 02, 2008, 10:30 AM
dhagen
Email address please!

"There is no limit to what you can achieve ... if you don’t care who gets the credit." Roger Abbott