Focal Point
[Closed] Excel 2013 - Sorry, Excel can't open two workbooks with the same name...

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/1247009286

June 27, 2016, 02:25 PM
ChadSS
[Closed] Excel 2013 - Sorry, Excel can't open two workbooks with the same name...
After my PC was upgraded to Office 2013, I receive the following message: Sorry, Excel can't open two workbooks with the same name at the same time.

This occurs when I attempt to open different reports with the ON TABLE PCHOLD FORMAT EXL2K (or EXL07) output command. Since each Excel document opens up as WFServlet read-only, Excel refuses to allow the second document to open. My previous version would allow the second document to open, but only after you acknowledged the Windows alert.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Current WF Version is 7703

This message has been edited. Last edited by: ChadSS,
June 28, 2016, 02:32 PM
ChadSS
After a call to IBI and playing with the settings on the WF Admin Console. This was the fix:

Within the Configuration/Redirection Settings:
.xht - no - yes
.xls - no - yes
.xlsx - no - yes
.xhm - yes - yes

In summary, with ON TABLE PCHOLD FORMAT EXL2K and the .xls settings set to No, and Save Report as Yes the report runs and assigns a random file name on each generation. Therefore, if your primary report is an Excel doc which drills to another Excel, they will each be assigned a random file name.

Additional information on the subject can be found at WebFOCUS Online Help/WebFOCUS Administration Console/Changing Redirection Settings.