Focal Point
[CASE-OPENED] Reportcaster Execution Order

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/1257005236

July 29, 2013, 08:56 AM
Mike Deluca
[CASE-OPENED] Reportcaster Execution Order
How does Reportcaster determine which schedule to execute when more than one thing is scheduled at the same time? I am not looking for a response about priority. Also, when the queue gets backed up, things that were scheduled to run at a later time end up running before the things scheduled earlier.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: <Kathryn Henning>,

Prod/Dev: WebFOCUS 8.0.06 on Windows Server 2008/Tomcat , WebFOCUS DevStudio 8.0.06 on Windows 7
August 06, 2013, 05:51 PM
<Kathryn Henning>
Hi Mike,

Since no one has responded to this topic, I'd like to recommend opening a case on InfoResponse Online.

Regards,

Kathryn
August 07, 2013, 08:46 AM
jgelona
Never noticed that issue, however we don't use RC in MRE.

RC helps says this about Priority:

"In the Priority Level for the Job field, indicate the priority for running the job. Possible values are from 1 to 5, where 1 is the highest priority and 5 is the lowest priority. 3 is the default value. The ReportCaster Distribution Server queue sorts scheduled jobs by priority and then by time. If multiple jobs share the same priority and time, ReportCaster arbitrarily schedules the jobs."

When I have dependent jobs, I don't rely on RC to properly run them in the correct sequence. Job 1 runs first, when it finishes, Job 2 is started with DSTRUN, when Job 2 finishes Job 3 is started with DSTRUN and so on.

In FOCUS since 1985. Prod WF 8.0.08 (z90/Suse Linux) DB (Oracle 11g), Self Serv, Report Caster, WebServer Intel/Linux.