Focal Point
SAP BW Language variable..

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/1301019612

March 07, 2007, 09:54 AM
Vishnu
SAP BW Language variable..
Hi, I have a requirement to make some reports multi lingual which access data from BW. I have a question regarding the same..
What is the variable that can be used to send language to Sap BW to get language specific data from BW? How can we send it and get data that is language specific?
Thank you!
Regards,
Vishnu.
March 08, 2007, 02:55 PM
Richard Sitt
Dear Vishnu,

There are 2 things you need to do in order to support multilingual reports.

1) During the CREATE SYNONYM process, you must check the Multilanguage option and select the additional languages that you would like to use. Note that you can only select the languages that are installed on your SAP BW system.

Once your SYNONYM is generated, view it. You will see that each field contains an additional entry for the TITLE and CAPTION attributes, i.e., one addtional entry per language. For example, let's say your default language is English and you have added German during the CREATE SYNONYM process. Your SYNONYM would look something like:

FIELDNAME=V_0SALEORG, ALIAS=[0SALEORG], USAGE=A124, ACTUAL=A124,
MISSING=ON, ACCESS_PROPERTY=(MULTIVALUES),
TITLE='Sales organization',
TITLE_DE='Verkaufsorganisation',
PROPERTY=PARAMETER, $

2) The variable you use to control which language is LANG. If you want to view your column titles and captions in German, you issue SET LANG=DE at the top of the report or prompt for this as a variable.

Regards,
Richard Sitt
March 11, 2007, 10:25 AM
Vishnu
Dear Richard, Thank you for the information!

Regards,
Vishnu