Focal Point
[SOLVED] How to Delete Content Folders?

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/1307058876

October 14, 2015, 12:07 PM
J.Hines
[SOLVED] How to Delete Content Folders?
I'm trying to clean up an environment, and have several folders to delete in the BI Portal (not a portal, the WebFOCUS BI Portal. I am an admin.

Even after cleaning all the contents out, and removing the My Content folder, I still get a JavaScript alert saying:
quote:
Folder Cannot Be Deleted - There is Private Content owned by another User in this Folder

I can't see anything else in the folder, and don't know of any way to check, even though I'm the admin. I even removed any security rules on that resource, but still no go.

What do I do?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: J.Hines,

Prod: 8.2.0.4 OS:Windows 10 Output:AHTML, Excel 2007+

The life of a designer is a life of fight against the ugliness.
October 14, 2015, 12:31 PM
Francis Mariani
You cannot delete a My Content folder. It's a required folder for the Repository.

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server
October 14, 2015, 12:46 PM
J.Hines
I did delete the one I saw, but anyway, after I turned off the "Create My Content folders automatically", I'm still trying to delete the folder it was in, and that's what's giving me the error. It's just one of the subfolders that was created long ago in the Content section.

October 14, 2015, 06:49 PM
CoolGuy
You did select Mode Manager under Administration up in the top right before attempting to view and delete things right? Just checking.

8.2.02M (production), 8.2.02M (test), Windows 10, all outputs.
October 15, 2015, 02:57 AM
SWES
Would anyone know if the profile.fex file (also created automatically) serves any purpose? Is it OK to remove all of them?

WebFOCUS 8105m
Windows 7, All Outputs

Member of the Benelux Usergroup
October 15, 2015, 01:55 PM
J.Hines
quote:
You did select Mode Manager under Administration up in the top right before attempting to view and delete things right? Just checking.

No, never heard of that. Would you look at that though, it let's me delete it!

October 15, 2015, 02:34 PM
CoolGuy
Even if you're an admin, you won't be able to see others' unpublished content while in the BIP Welcome page unless you go up under Administration in the top right and choose Mode Manager instead of Mode Normal. Once that is triggered, you'll see grayed out content that is present but not published yet for all users. Check the My Content folder then and you should see unpublished content that wasn't visible before that you can delete finally, and then not have that error pop up after. If you still have troubles, refer to Francis's post above.

8.2.02M (production), 8.2.02M (test), Windows 10, all outputs.