Focal Point
FOC 3251 AND 3202 WHEN HOLDING A GRAPH AS GIF

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/1341073181

August 20, 2006, 03:29 PM
atc12345
FOC 3251 AND 3202 WHEN HOLDING A GRAPH AS GIF
I'm trying to hold a graph as a GIF file and display the graph in a table request. However I'm get the following message:

FILE  MYGRAPH.GIF       SAVED TO D:\ibi\srv71\wfs\edatemp\ts000034
 0 ERROR AT OR NEAR LINE    238  IN PROCEDURE GRAPHTEST
 (FOC3251) IMAGE FILE UNREADABLE OR INVALID: MYGRAPH (RC=103)
 (FOC3202) BAD VALUE IN STYLESHEET FILE AT LINE: 1   IMAGE=MYGRAPH.GIF

I start the graph procedure with:

SET GRAPHSERVURL=https://myservername.ny.com/ibi_apps/WFServlet

GRAPH FILE GRAPHTEST
PRINT .....
ON GRAPH HOLD AS MYGRAPH FORMAT GIF
END
-RUN

TABLE FILE GRAPHTEST 
BY COMPANY
IF COMPANY EQ 'MYCOMPANY'
ON TABLE SET STYLE *
TYPE=REPORT, IMAGE=MYGRAPH.GIF, POSITION=(4 0), SIZE=(5 3), $
ENDSTYLE
ON TABLE PCHOLD FORMAT PDF
END
-RUN

Can anyone help me determine why I'm getting this error message?
August 21, 2006, 09:11 AM
Pam Kratt
try doing the graph without putting it to a hold file to see if it displays the error. Whenever there is a problem when it is trying to graph, we get that same error and yet it's been various different problems. We've gotten the error because there was a & in the data (this may have been with an svg graph) and I believe we even got it when there was no data to graph. I ended up adding in a check -SET &NOGRAPH=IF &RECORDS EQ 0 THEN ‘Y’ ELSE ‘N’; and bypassing the display of the graph if it's 0.

GRAPH FILE GRAPHTEST
PRINT .....
-*ON GRAPH HOLD AS MYGRAPH FORMAT GIF
END
-RUN
-EXIT

Good luck.

webfocus 8.105M; os: windows; pdf, html, exl2k, csv
August 21, 2006, 11:45 AM
atc12345
Thanks. OK... I tried running the graph without hold and it worked fine. I was using my own test data to create the graph so there are no zero points or other strange characters. The reason I need to hold the graph is because I actually have 5 focexecs. Each focexec producing a separate graph. The user wants all 5 graphs to display on the same page (resized of course).
August 21, 2006, 05:15 PM
dhagen
A couple of things might be happening here. First, I believe your GRAPHSERVURL is wrong. It should be IBIGraphServlet and not WFServlet. However, I don't believe that you are suppose to use GRAPHSERVURL when using SSL. You should be using JSCOM3. Check you JSCOM3 configuration from the server admin panel and ensure that the following jar files are included in the IBI_CLASSPATH:

C:\ibi\WebFOCUS71\ibi_html\javaassist\thread.jar
C:\ibi\WebFOCUS71\ibi_html\javaassist\ibi_log4j_1.2.8.jar
C:\ibi\WebFOCUS71\ibi_html\javaassist\IBIGifGraphChart.jar

Then ensure that your client admin has USE_JSCOM3 set to "yes" under "Configuration/Graph". You can consult your doc for JSCOM3 configuations for both server and client.

That just might solve your problem.

"There is no limit to what you can achieve ... if you don’t care who gets the credit." Roger Abbott
August 22, 2006, 08:36 AM
atc12345
Thanks dhagen. Made the necessary adjustments as you stated and 1..2..3 problem solved. Thanks a bunch.