Focal Point
WebFOCUS portlets and BEA WebLogic

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/1421000351

February 07, 2006, 01:30 PM
Dan Morphis
WebFOCUS portlets and BEA WebLogic
We are trying to use the WF WOAP (WebFocus portal stuff) in Bea WebLogic. I deployed the ibi_apps folder in Bea per the documentation.

The first couple of times I tried to use the portlets, they worked just fine. But with out warning, I hit refresh one time and it broke. I didn't make any configuration changes or code changes, just went to show a co-worker the progress I'd made. Does anyone have any experience or ideas?

The only error message I'm getting from bea is "java.lang.OutOfMemoryError" so I uppped the memory to weblogic to 1 gig. I can tell you that bea isn't consuming 1 gig of memory though so I can't figure out why I'm getting the out of mem error.

Thanks,
Dan

Test: XP / WF 7.1.1
February 09, 2006, 03:24 PM
dhagen
When you updated the memory, what memory did you update? Did you update the java heap size?

"There is no limit to what you can achieve ... if you don’t care who gets the credit." Roger Abbott
February 09, 2006, 05:00 PM
Dan Morphis
I did get this problem resolved. Turns out it is a known issue with 7.1.1 . . .

But, maybe you can tell me if I increased the memory right. Here is the line from setDomainEnv.cmd:

set MEM_ARGS=-Xms256m -Xmx1024m

Test: XP / WF 7.1.1