Focal Point
Escaping $

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/1451058772

March 26, 2008, 04:30 PM
IBForum
Escaping $
Is there a way to force WebFOCUS (ver7.6.1) to recognize a dollar sign as a literal? We have a table request that has the following clause in the WHERE statement:

WHERE NOT SCUSIP IN ('$MM','$M1','$M2')

We've tried setting an &variable to '$' and then using that. That didn't work. WebFOCUS still treats it as a wildcard. We actually have CUSIPs that contain the literal character, $, and we want to exclude these. Thanks in advance for your time.

WF 8.1.05, Windows Server 2012 R2
March 26, 2008, 04:42 PM
Francis Mariani
Your profile signature doesn't tell us what version you're using, but take a look at this posting:

dollar sign in the WHERE clause

Your answer is "EXACTLY" in there if you're on WF 7.6 or later.

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server
April 10, 2008, 03:31 PM
IBForum
Thanks for the reply Francis. My coworker is going to try to see if EXACTLY EQ works.

I know that my signature is lacking. I tried... unsuccessfully, I guess... to update it. I think you may have been the one to call me on it in the first place and that is why I recently tried to update it. I'll have to try again before posting anything new.

I did disclose that we are using 7.6.1 of WebFOCUS, though, in my original posting because I knew that was important.

WF 8.1.05, Windows Server 2012 R2