Focal Point
[CLOSED] report tracking.

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/1457056995

March 03, 2011, 12:35 PM
Kris K
[CLOSED] report tracking.
Hi all,

i have question in general in Webfocus.
suppose i am manager and i have some 4 resources working under me and all i want to know is How can i can track which resource is working on which report.

is there any report caster report i can schedule so that i can get track of which user is working which report.

i want to have a track of it on a weekly basis,so that i can track which user is working in which report.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

WebFOCUS 7.6.10
Windows
all output (Excel, HTML, PDF)
March 03, 2011, 02:41 PM
JJ
You can track who is running what using resource analyzer but I am not aware of any way to track who is working on which report.

WebFOCUS 8.2.05
Windows 2003
Excel, HTML, PDF
March 03, 2011, 03:53 PM
Waz
If you mean running, than apart from resource analyser, some of us in the forum have a small fex that is included in each report that records its details.

If you do not have RA, then this may be an option.

Waz...

Prod:WebFOCUS 7.6.10/8.1.04Upgrade:WebFOCUS 8.2.07OS:LinuxOutputs:HTML, PDF, Excel, PPT
In Focus since 1984
Pity the lost knowledge of an old programmer!

May 23, 2017, 01:00 PM
isjhb
quote:
If you mean running, than apart from resource analyser, some of us in the forum have a small fex that is included in each report that records its details.

If you do not have RA, then this may be an option.

Waz...

Waz.. Could I see the fex code you were referring to in the above comment.
May 23, 2017, 01:22 PM
MartinY
quote:
Could I see the fex code you were referring to in the above comment

There is no "standard" fex.

You need to create your own fex that will insert a record into a file/table (the format you need and containing the info you need to have your usage trace).
That fex will be called as first step in each report.

WF versions : Prod 8.2.04M gen 33, Dev 8.2.04M gen 33, OS : Windows, DB : MSSQL, Outputs : HTML, Excel, PDF
In Focus since 2007