Focal Point
[CLOSED] parms not working in FOCEXEC

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/1467078666

January 23, 2014, 11:31 AM
Anurag Ranjeet
[CLOSED] parms not working in FOCEXEC
Hi,
in fexfile1 I defined
-DEFAULT &a='AP';
-DEFAULT &b='BG';
-DEFAULT &FMT='HTML';
these parameters are 19 in number and will be overwritten by the values coming from an html form.

I used FOCEXEC=fexfile1(a='&a' b='&b'..... FMT='EXL2K') in the styling code of my report. I linked this with export excel text on the html report. When I clicked on export excel text this code was giving error when I tried to pass 19 parameters like this.So I divided it in 2 lines
TYPE=DATA, LINE=12, TARGET='_blank', ITEM=1 FOCEXEC=fexfile1(passing 10 parms like shown above) $
TYPE=DATA, LINE=12, TARGET='_blank', ITEM=1 FOCEXEC=fexfile1(passing next 9 parms like shown above) $

This did not give error but the parm values which were coming from html page were not passed to the FOCEXEC. The purpose of the above is to give a excel output of the report according to the html form values. I got the excel output but it was with default values of parameters in fex file.

Please guide me how to pass parms in focexec option in fexfile1 so that it runs with html form values.. Please let me know if I should furnish more information on this.

Regards,
Anurag

This message has been edited. Last edited by: <Kathryn Henning>,

WF 8004, Window 7, html, excel
January 23, 2014, 12:22 PM
Francis Mariani
Break the stylesheet drilldown line into multiple lines using the continuation character (back-slash):

TYPE=DATA,        COLUMN=HBMA075.UNIT_WRK_VALUE(2),
    FOCEXEC=MCIR110 ( \
    RPT_TYP    = '31' \
    INV_STATUS = '&INV_STATUS' \
    STDATE     = '&STDATE' \
    ENDATE     = '&ENDATE' \
    FLT01      = '&FLT01' \
    CUST_ID    = HBMA075.CUST_ID \
    FLT03      = HBMA075.LOC_PRM \
    FLT04      = HBMA075.AGRMNT_AREA_CD \
    FLT05      = '&FLT05' \
    FLT06      = '&FLT06' \
    FLT07      = HBMA075.INV_NBR \
    FLT08      = '&FLT08' \
    FLT09      = '&FLT09' \
    FLT10      = '&FLT10' \
    FLT11      = '&FLT11' \
    FLT12      = HBMA075.UNIT_WRK_VALUE \
    FLT13      = HBMA075.EQUIP_TYP_CD \
    FLT14      = '&FLT14' \
    FLT15      = '&FLT15' \
    FLT16      = '&FLT16' \
    FDD31A     = HBMA075.MTC_EVT_NM \
    FDD31B     = HBMA075.ARRIVAL_DT \
    FDD31C     = HBMA075.SERV_DT \
    OUTPUT     = '&OUTPUT' \
    DEFERRED   = '&DEFERRED' \
    ), $

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server
January 23, 2014, 02:16 PM
j.gross
Case matters.

STYLE generally accepts lowercase, and in effect converts the styling phrases (at least the keywords) to uppercase. I would check whether it converts your "a=" to "A=." You can use

-? &

in the called fex to verify what parameter names and values are received.

And don't forget the comma after ITEM=1