Focal Point
HTML controlling refresh

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/1501066671

July 17, 2006, 12:00 PM
Ken Wilson
HTML controlling refresh
I am losing the values that where selected (radio buttons that have a choice of this or that) from my radio buttons that was selected. It happens when (losing values) I choose something from a drop down that changes by selection.
July 18, 2006, 05:32 PM
dhagen
Ken, I am a little confused by your question. Maybe you could re-state it with a bit more detail?

"There is no limit to what you can achieve ... if you don’t care who gets the credit." Roger Abbott
July 19, 2006, 08:01 AM
<Anju_KK>
Ken are you using the same Name for both your radio as well as u'r Drop down.
If its so, then you Radio's value will be over ridden by the drop down's value
July 19, 2006, 10:47 AM
Ken Wilson
Let me try this again. I have web page that has radio buttons and drop down boxes. The drop down boxes are populated. Now the user selects a few different radio button selections. Now they come to the first of 2 drop down boxes. When they choose one from the first box the secound one refreshes with the contents from the frist boxes selection (a subset of the first box if you will). The drop downs are popluated by a call to a fex file. When this happens the whole page is refreshed and thus I loose my selected values from the radio buttons. They are revert back to their default settings.
July 19, 2006, 11:33 AM
smiths
Ken,

I believe that 'iframe' may meet your needs.

You can have something like this in your HTML:

<iframe id="loadDropDown" ></iframe>

The call to another fex can be triggered by a click of a button, which can call a JS function that does whatever initialization you need to do, then issues a command like loadDropDown.location.href = /apps/WFServlet?IBIF_ex=loadDDfex&PARM=xyz;

The fex called loadDDfex.fex would then do whatever WebFocus file processing you need to do based on the selection made by the user, then you load the dropdown box within HTML code at the bottom of loadDDfex.fex. This HTML code is housed within the iframe that you set up in the calling fex/HTML program, and doesn't impact the other settings of the original program.

Regards,
Sean

------------------------------------------------------------------------
PROD: WebFOCUS 7.6.2 on Unix AIX/Tomcat/Servlet Mode
TEST: WebFOCUS 7.6.2 on Unix AIX/Tomcat/Servlet Mode