Focal Point
[SOLVED]Dev Studio 8.0

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/1517054486

November 03, 2016, 09:08 AM
CopyQueen
[SOLVED]Dev Studio 8.0
Does anyone else experience very slow response time using Dev Studio 8009 on Windows? For example, we can save a report and it will take up to a minute before the report refreshes. Or click a button and it takes 30 seconds for Dev Studio to acknowledge it. We have a distributed environment. We increased the Client's memory to 10240MB and CPU is a Dual 2.70 GHz Intel Xeon(R). On my workstation I have 4GB RAM.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: <Emily McAllister>,
November 03, 2016, 10:04 AM
Francis Mariani
I sometimes experience this on DS 8.0.08, for particular folders. I suspect it has something to do with security applied to those folders, but I've never bothered to investigate.

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server
November 03, 2016, 11:16 AM
WF_IL
Hi

I think it could be beneficial to turn on the developer studio traces, turn it on just before you click "save" and then turn it off.
The trace might reveal the issue for example trying to locate missing files (as I had similar issue with a missing default styling file) , listing huge APP PATH files etc or another error.
This would be also useful when opening a case with IBI.
The dev studio tracing tool can be found under your program files -> ibi -> developer studio -> utilities -> Communication Layer Trace
I would choose trace level; all levels

Yours,
Eran
SRL Products

http://www.srl.co.il

November 03, 2016, 11:40 AM
CopyQueen
Ok will try that. Thanks!
KH

Production: WebFOCUS 7.6.1
Test: WebFOCUS 7.6.9
Windows 2003, Unix AIX
All
November 04, 2016, 12:54 PM
Barry Solomon
Hi

There have been major enhancements to performance of App Studio 8.1.05. This is a known issue. You also have the min 4GB on your machine and performance would significantly improve with 8 or 16 gig.

Thanks and have a great day,
Barry

WebFOCUS 8
Windows, All Outputs
November 04, 2016, 01:26 PM
CopyQueen
Barry, the question was for Dev Studio but I will check on increasing the memory. Thx.

Production: WebFOCUS 7.6.1
Test: WebFOCUS 7.6.9
Windows 2003, Unix AIX
All