Focal Point
How to query FOCUS file date (MVS/TSO) 7.0.9

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/1531002422

April 19, 2007, 12:09 PM
Bruce C. Litzkow
How to query FOCUS file date (MVS/TSO) 7.0.9
I am creating an ON TABLE HOLD AS CUSTOMER FORMAT FOCUS INDEX CUSTNUM . I'm planning to DYNAM ALLOC and catalog the file with a specific DSN . Sometime later and from several different programs, I want to check to see if a file currently exists with this name and if it was created today. If it was created today, I want to avoid having to recreate the HOLD file again as it takes a while to run and the data will be exactly the same if it was created today. What options would I have using dialogue mgr commands to interrogate a FOCUS file for its creation date?
April 19, 2007, 12:18 PM
Tom Flynn
-? TSO DDNAME CAR

Unfortunately, create date is not part of the available &'s:

DDNAME = CAR
DSNAME = EDA.VSR2M00.CAR.FOCUS
DISP = OLD
DEVICE = DISK
VOLSER = TSOPAK
DSORG = PS
RECFM = F
SECONDARY = 1
ALLOCATION = TRACKS
BLKSIZE = 4096
LRECL = 4096T
RKTOT = 2
EXTENTSUSED = 1
BLKSPERTRK = 10T
RKSPERCYL = 15
CYLSPERDISK = 886
BLKSWRITTEN = 20
FOCUSPAGES = 8

Run the load in batch at night, then, no worries...

Tom Flynn
WebFOCUS 8.1.05 - PROD/QA
DB2 - AS400 - Mainframe
April 19, 2007, 01:07 PM
Francis Mariani
I dug around and it doesn't look there's a way to query the Last Changed Date of a FOCUS DB. THe quickest way to resolve this would be to add a field to the FOCUS DB if possible.

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server
April 19, 2007, 01:40 PM
Vivian
If memory serves correctly both ? fdt filename and ? file filename will give you last change date - if you can get the info to a file, then you could check it --- hope that helps a little

vivian

Vivian Perlmutter
Aviter, Inc.

WebFOCUS Keysheet Rel. 8.0.2
(Almost) 1001 Ways to Work with Dates thru Rel. 8.0.2
Focus since 1982
WebFOCUS since the beginning
Vivian@aviter.com

April 19, 2007, 01:58 PM
Francis Mariani
This may be of help in the future...

Tech Support: NF829: AUTODATE for FOCUS Data Sources

Francis

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server
April 30, 2007, 11:56 AM
Bruce C. Litzkow
Vivian wins the prize! Cesare Petrizio from IBI help line sent me sample code for doing just this.

Thanks for help
April 30, 2007, 12:00 PM
Francis Mariani
Well then, wouldn't you like to share that information with us?

Francis