Focal Point
Reportcaster - Reports with no data

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/1541049732

July 20, 2007, 11:54 AM
Tim Easley
Reportcaster - Reports with no data
I have a WebFOCUS report that is bursted and distributed via email to an address list. I would like all members in the list to receive an email/report even if they have no report (with their burst value). I can create a separate RC job for each to get the desired result but it would get too cumbersome.
July 20, 2007, 12:02 PM
susannah
Tim, make sure your extract file does indeed have a value in its BY field for every one of your intended recipients. If there is no data today for one of your recipicients, then caster won't know to send the report. And second, make sure SET EMPTYREPORT =ON so the intended person gets the report header and column titles.

In Focus since 1979///7706m/5 ;wintel 2008/64;OAM security; Oracle db, ///MRE/BID
July 20, 2007, 12:13 PM
Darin Lee
Susannah basically answered the question already. If there is no data for a value, RC can't distribute anything. You get a line in the RC log like "No report for output.fil with a burst value of value." You may be able to set up one separate job that counts all records, sorting them using the ROWS OVER (which forces a line for each specified value) and hold. Then run a report with bursting for any values that have 0 records in the count.

Regards,

Darin

In FOCUS since 1991
WF Server: 7.7.04 on Linux and Z/OS, ReportCaster, Self-Service, MRE, Java, Flex
Data: DB2/UDB, Adabas, SQL Server Output: HTML,PDF,EXL2K/07, PS, AHTML, Flex
WF Client: 77 on Linux w/Tomcat
July 21, 2007, 05:53 PM
jnc
You need an extra step in your processing like a match file, to pickup all the burst values available. Try to match the botaddr file by the burst value to your report, hold old-or-new. Now you will have a 'full matrix' and everyone will get something.

WebFocus 7x, 8x, Win / Linux, any output format