Focal Point
[CLOSED] Active PDF Compound with non-active components

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/1577042176

June 18, 2014, 09:48 AM
BKinPA
[CLOSED] Active PDF Compound with non-active components
I would like to create a compound report in Active PDF format but would like some of the components to NOT be active. Is that possible?

Thanks,
Barb

This message has been edited. Last edited by: <Kathryn Henning>,

WebFocus 8.1.05, 8.2.01
June 18, 2014, 10:24 AM
J
As far as I can tell, no. It would be helpful to know why you want this because you can kind of fake it.

For those reports that you want to appear as not active, you can set pagination to off and disable the menu options (all of them if you don't want a menu) from the options menu. The only difference between this report and a normal pdf report is it will still have the menu arrow (with no menu options since you disabled them all).

If you don't want the arrow you can probably just remove the column title and use a header with headalign body (search the forums to see how to do that).

WebFOCUS 7.7.03/8.0.08
Dev Studio 7.7.03/8.0.08
App Studio 8.0.08
Windows 7
ALL Outputs
June 19, 2014, 06:35 PM
BKinPA
Some components don't need to be active and the formatting gets messed up when the output format of the compound is changed from PDF to Active PDF...One example is a component with name and address in an alignment grid.

I will look into your suggestion. Thanks!

WebFocus 8.1.05, 8.2.01