Focal Point
How to show data in customize format in PDF report

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/1601062742

September 17, 2007, 09:16 AM
Abhi
How to show data in customize format in PDF report
I have single row of data having 30 columns for inventory information.
I am able to show this data in text format on output PDF report. How can I show this data in customize tabular format i.e Receipt format, having some header information, then checklist of inventory items, and other footer information.

WebFOCUS Versions using 7.1; Platform: Windows XP; Output Format: PDF.
September 17, 2007, 10:18 AM
Leah
Look into styling pdf, adding grid lines. Of course sounds as if you want lines sometime and sometimes not. Search the forum on pdf.

Leah
September 17, 2007, 11:02 AM
Darin Lee
Apart from the WF how to's, how do you plan to physically fit 30 columns in tablular format onto a single page (wide)? Even in landscape, minimal margins, and 3pt font, it's still going to be a challenge. I guess report panelling may be acceptable, but usually if you want PDF, you're trying to get something to print all together on a page width of output.

Regards,

Darin

In FOCUS since 1991
WF Server: 7.7.04 on Linux and Z/OS, ReportCaster, Self-Service, MRE, Java, Flex
Data: DB2/UDB, Adabas, SQL Server Output: HTML,PDF,EXL2K/07, PS, AHTML, Flex
WF Client: 77 on Linux w/Tomcat
September 17, 2007, 11:25 AM
Abhi
My question is exactly as Leah replied. I want lines sometimes, also there may be one or 4 data values per line (in header or footer).

Darin, I have mentioned that I am showing information in text format (That I am doing by printing them in Header Section in multiple rows)

Leah, could you please give me some code example?

WebFOCUS Versions using 7.1; Platform: Windows XP; Output Format: PDF.