Focal Point
Remove the 'Change Password' button from BID login screen

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/1611053622

May 03, 2007, 06:58 PM
GGSD
Remove the 'Change Password' button from BID login screen
We have an external custom login page for our Dashboard, but if the user has a signon error, they are directed to the default page with the default message.
I woild like to customize that page to remove the Change Password button and text.
I unjar'd and examined WORP_Bundle_en.properties as instructed by IBI's tech support, but that does not seem to be the right place.
Has anyone done this before?
I am running WebFOCUS 761 on HP UNIX

WebFOCUS 760 HPUX - Using MRE, Report Caster, Dashboard and Self Service.
May 04, 2007, 02:58 AM
Tony A
I have customised ther BID login page for several of my Clients and it is easy enough to do.

Depending upon the version you are running with, the file that you want is held in [drive]:/[instal path/]ibi/WebFOCUS71/webapps/webfocus71/worp and would require you to "unjar" the webfocus71.war file held within the webapps folder.

Locate the file WORP_login.jsp and back it up first! Then modify as required. "Rejar" the file afterwards if you are running with that method.

Earlier versions to 7.1.n had a seperate login page that was called when certain security was applied. I would strongly advise reading the security manual for the release that you use before proceeding to ensure that the file you change is the correct one.

Whilst mentioning releases, please can you update your profile signature to include platform and release so that we may better discern a resolution to a question based on your installation.

T

In FOCUS
since 1986
WebFOCUS Server 8.2.01M, thru 8.2.07 on Windows Svr 2008 R2  
WebFOCUS App Studio 8.2.06 standalone on Windows 10