Focal Point
[CLOSED] My Folder in BI portal

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/1627070576

March 10, 2015, 01:56 PM
wlwright1
[CLOSED] My Folder in BI portal
We have a BI Portal using 8007 in which there are multiple pages with reports on them. Users have been asking how to save report parameters so they can rerun the reports again. I know in WF 7 that there was a "My Folder" functionality where you could save reports with parameters so they can be reran. Is there functionality in WF 8 like that?

Is it something to do with security? If so is there a specific role that the user has to be set at so that they can have a view of just their saved reports.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: <Kathryn Henning>,

Windows 7
Excel, AHTML, HTML,PDF
March 11, 2015, 08:13 AM
CLH
In Webfocus 8 you right click the report and add to favorites. They would also need the display favorites and save procedure parameters privileges.

Webfocus 8.0.7 on Windows
March 11, 2015, 04:05 PM
wlwright1
Thanks I will give this a try.

When you say right click on the report and add to favorites, that's different then the browser favorites correct?

Windows 7
Excel, AHTML, HTML,PDF
March 12, 2015, 07:47 AM
CLH
Correct, Depending on what permissions your users have they would right click and see run at a minimum

There is also a way to save parameters etc.. by adding a button to your actual code. So when they run screen pops asking for parms and they you can add a save button here. Just another option

Webfocus 8.0.7 on Windows
March 12, 2015, 02:52 PM
wlwright1
Thanks.

I tried through security by adding display favorites and save procedure permissions, along with some others.

I also tried to add a "Save Selection" button from App Studio and when it pops up once I run the report, it doesn't save the report anywhere. Is this the button that you were referring to or were you referencing another button with some javascript added to it.

Windows 7
Excel, AHTML, HTML,PDF