Focal Point
[CLOSED] Dashboard Users

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/163102334

May 02, 2010, 10:18 PM
Arif
[CLOSED] Dashboard Users
I have several users in my MR_users but when I go viewbuilder user management I only see two percent of the users that are registered under dashboard view. How do I register users for dashboard so I can assign them group dashboard?

Arif

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

WebFOCUS 7.6.10
Windows
HTML
May 03, 2010, 04:26 AM
Clinton Side-Kick
Arif,
From my past experiences with setting up dashboard access for users, I had to do a dummy login on behalf of the user in order to have them listed under the Manage Users section of the viewbuilder.
Have hoped that IB would have addressed this issue by now.
You could manually manipulate the mpv.xml file in the ibi\WebFOCUS76\worp\conf folder and add all your users from MRE (but you also need to create the folder structure for each user etc. etc. etc.).
The easiest is to do a login on behalf of the user (this action adds the user to the mpv.xml file and creates the required default folder structure).
I hope you don't have a huge number of MRE users to cater for.
IB, when are we going to see some progress in this area?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
prod: WF/AS 8.2.05; OmniGen;
In FOCUS since 1991
May 03, 2010, 07:50 AM
AlexU
Assuming you haven't changed the default setting for "goToPersonalViewOnLogin" in the bid-config.xml file you users should be taken directly to their group view on their first login to the dashboard. If they have multiple groups assigned they should be presented with the list of groups to which they are assigned and they can pick one.

WF 7703M, XP/Win7, MRE, RC, BID, PMF, HTML, PDF, Excel 2000/7/10