Focal Point
[CLOSED]cant open gui

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/1647019286

June 28, 2016, 02:14 PM
Geoff Fish
[CLOSED]cant open gui
Hi all I have used webfocus to drive parameters to then pass to SQL passthru. The SQL is complex and I won't show it all here but I can show the webfocus code that delivers it to the SQL. It works but my problem is this as it is now the report painter wont open unless I comment out from the _RUN to the last _SET . Is there another way I can do this here is the code below

SET ASNAMES = ON

DEFINE FILE ATVFISC
SYDATE/YYMD=&YYMD;

SYFISCLY/P5=ATVFISC.ATVFISC.ATVFISC_CODE - 1;
END
TABLE FILE ATVFISC
-* COMPUTE DATE/A8 = TODAY(DATE);
PRINT
ATVFISC.ATVFISC.ATVFISC_CODE

ATVFISC.ATVFISC.SYFISCLY
WHERE ( SYDATE GE ATVFISC.ATVFISC.ATVFISC_START_DATE ) AND ( SYDATE LT ATVFISC.ATVFISC.ATVFISC_END_DATE);
ON TABLE SET PAGE-NUM NOLEAD
ON TABLE NOTOTAL
ON TABLE HOLD AS HOLD_FY FORMAT ALPHA
END

TABLE FILE AGBGIFT
SUM
AGBGIFT.AGBGIFT.AGBGIFT_GIFT_DATE/DMYY AS 'DATE1'
AGBGIFT.AGBGIFT.AGBGIFT_GIFT_DATE/M AS 'MONTH1'
COMPUTE LY_GIFT_DATE/DMYY = DATEADD(AGBGIFT.AGBGIFT.AGBGIFT_GIFT_DATE, 'Y', -1); AS 'DATE2'
BY HIGHEST 1 AGBGIFT.AGBGIFT.AGBGIFT_GIFT_DATE NOPRINT
ON TABLE SET PAGE-NUM NOLEAD
ON TABLE NOTOTAL
ON TABLE SET HOLDLIST PRINTONLY
ON TABLE HOLD AS HOLD_YR FORMAT ALPHA
-*IF READLIMIT EQ 5
END
-RUN
-READ HOLD_YR &DATE1.A8. &MONTH1.A2. &DATE2.A8.
-READ HOLD_FY &ATVFISC_CODE.A5. &SYFISCLY.A5.

-SET &MONTH1X = DECODE &MONTH1('01' 'JAN' '02' 'FEB' '03' 'MAR' '04' 'APR' '05' 'MAY' '06' 'JUN' '07' 'JUL' '08' 'AUG' '09' 'SEP' '10' 'OCT' '11' 'NOV' '12' 'DEC' );
-SET &DATE1X = EDIT(&DATE1,'99-$$$$$$')|'&MONTH1X'|EDIT(&DATE1,'$$$$-9999');
-SET &DATE2X = EDIT(&DATE2,'99-$$$$$$')|'&MONTH1X'|EDIT(&DATE2,'$$$$-9999');
-SET &FISCYRX = &ATVFISC_CODE;
-SET &FISPYRX = &SYFISCLY;

This message has been edited. Last edited by: <Emily McAllister>,

809 DevStudio, MRE, Report Caster , Report Library
Output: Excel PDF, HTML
June 28, 2016, 06:25 PM
Waz
Weird.

Perhaps if its trying to run the fex and getting zero records for the two hold files that get read ?

Waz...

Prod:WebFOCUS 7.6.10/8.1.04Upgrade:WebFOCUS 8.2.07OS:LinuxOutputs:HTML, PDF, Excel, PPT
In Focus since 1984
Pity the lost knowledge of an old programmer!

June 29, 2016, 03:55 AM
Wep5622
For a workaround: You could put the FOCUS-code in a separate procedure and include that in the current one.

That way, Report Painter should be able to open the separate procedure w/o issue.

WRT the cause, I don't think RP is smart enough to realize that those amper-variables would get set by -READ.
And they probably won't be when RP is just parsing the code to get to that point, as I don't think any actual HOLD files are being created during parsing - they will be empty.

It could help to -DEFAULTH them to some value. I would do that after the -READ statements, although before those works too with -READ. That's just habit because in the case of -READFILE, dialog manager likes to complain that it's overriding variable values.

WebFOCUS 8.1.03, Windows 7-64/2008-64, IBM DB2/400, Oracle 11g & RDB, MS SQL-Server 2005, SAP, PostgreSQL 11, Output: HTML, PDF, Excel 2010
: Member of User Group Benelux :