Focal Point
Saving input Parameters in Dashboard

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/1651013391

October 27, 2006, 11:37 AM
dcarrico
Saving input Parameters in Dashboard
Does anyone know if it is possible to save the parameters entered in a Dashboard report so the user will not have to re-select all fields if they would only like to re-run after the initial viewing? Thanks in advance.

Release: 7.7.03
Outputs: EXL2K/PDF/HTML
November 01, 2006, 12:20 PM
TexasStingray
With WebFOCUS 7.1 and MRE/UAS/Dashboard there is a feature to have a save parameters button on your launch page.

Scott

For Self-Service Applications check out Prompt Saver under products at www.moonlightware.com .. There is even a working online demo. The demo uses your IP address to store parameters.
Many thanks for your help.

Release: 7.7.03
Outputs: EXL2K/PDF/HTML
WebFOCUS Developer Studio has a Saved Parameter Selection button in the HTML Layout tool.
You can save parameter selection values as a My Report for reports that run immediately or run deferred.
By default these reports are saved in the Saved Parameter Reports folder which is automatically created under the My Reports folder, but you can save parameter reports anywhere in the My Reports folder structure.
When you select Run from the menu options for Saved Parameter Reports, the saved values are used to run the report and the prompt form does not display.
When you select Edit Parameters, the prompt form appears so you can make changes to the values before running the request.
This can easily be setup.

WebFOCUS 8202 Win 2012
Test - WebFOCUS 8203 on Win 2012