Focal Point
Scheduling in Report Caster

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/1651048331

March 29, 2005, 08:55 PM
<Kacy>
Scheduling in Report Caster
I am new to web Focus and Focus - I have created a Webfocus job that I would like to Schedule to run every hour. No one has used Report caster yet. I do not need it to go to e-mail, FTP, Managed Reports or anything. In my webfocus job I write a file out to the shared drive - how would I schedule this to run - I am confused about everything about Report Caster - any help would be appreciated.
March 29, 2005, 09:19 PM
reFOCUSing
What version of WebFOCUS are you using?
March 29, 2005, 11:25 PM
susannah
and do you have MRE? how do you enter the Report Caster scheduler? thru MRE or thru DevStu?
Generally,
make sure in your fex you have filedef'd your output document to whatever drive you need.
then in caster, you have 4 tabs:
schedule: you can figure this out
tasks: you'll want to click new task button at the bottom. you can figure out where your fex is, right? To provide the parms that the fex needs, you click Advanced on the Task setup window. 'ReportFormat' in this case has NOTHING to do with the output format of the fex. just pick HTML and for 'Save Report As'.. some dummy name -- its ok, nothing is going to happen.
distribution: set email and to yourself. nothing will come to you, its just easier to set it up this way.
settings: whatever you want
March 30, 2005, 12:57 PM
<Kacy>
We are using Webfocus 5 - and Developers Studio. I think I got the job scheduled going to my e-mail - just waiting for one to run. Thanks for your help.