Focal Point
[SOLVED] fex / reportcaster issue

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/1657093526

October 22, 2012, 11:55 AM
rf
[SOLVED] fex / reportcaster issue
I created a fex that does some dictionary checks. Things like looking for duplicate values and such. There are essentially 4 reports in the fex. I notice that when I run the fex as a whole, a single html doc opens and each report is stacked atop each other. Thats fine but I would have expected multiple reports to pop open.

Nevertheless I set the fex up to run in reportcaster. When it runs, it sends me an attachment but the attachment only ever contains the first report. I expected to see the four reports stacked atop one another...only get the first one.

I am somewhat new to all this...thoughts...

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

October 22, 2012, 01:24 PM
Dan Satchell
ReportCaster distributes only the first report in a focexec. I think you have two options to get around this limitation: 1) separate your reports into 4 separate focexecs and run them as 4 individual tasks in your RC job, or 2) use a parameter (Dialogue Manager variable) in your single focexec to branch to each report and run the same focexec as 4 separate tasks in your RC job, each with the appropriate parameter.

WebFOCUS 7.7.05
October 22, 2012, 01:43 PM
rf
Thanks but...Good Greif!

October 22, 2012, 03:30 PM
j.gross
...Or define a compound report
October 22, 2012, 04:11 PM
rf
new to this...not sure what a compound report is. I broke my big fex into 4 smaller ones, the RC simply calls each (4 tasks)...seams to work.