Focal Point
[CLOSED] How to not display part of a row in a table.

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/1677086576

April 20, 2015, 03:09 PM
Max Nevill
[CLOSED] How to not display part of a row in a table.
Hi All,

I am wanting to make a report in Webfocus (7.7) that has a displays part of certain rows and all of other rows, like below.

This is just a simple example, but I need to show retention numbers for the university I work at. We have the code to make the spreadsheets, but currently, have to buy hand delete the junk (i.e. 5 years after 2014-15 is 2019-20 and hasn't happened yet) in excel.

I honestly have no idea what to do in webfocus and thought I'd see if someone had done something similar before.

Thanks. Big Grin

This message has been edited. Last edited by: <Kathryn Henning>,

WebFocus 8.104
Windows 7 Entreprise, SP1
April 20, 2015, 06:32 PM
Waz
Not sure about anyone else, but I don't get the picture.

Waz...

Prod:WebFOCUS 7.6.10/8.1.04Upgrade:WebFOCUS 8.2.07OS:LinuxOutputs:HTML, PDF, Excel, PPT
In Focus since 1984
Pity the lost knowledge of an old programmer!

April 20, 2015, 08:52 PM
Francis Mariani
The image tag in the original post was set up incorrectly. I don't really understand the question. It seems like a filter would exclude the unwanted rows, something like this untested example:

-SET &CURR_FY = &YY | ' - ' | (&YY - 1);

WHERE FY_COLUMN LE '&CURR_FY'

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server