Focal Point
column title with multiple lines in htmltable

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/1681047092

July 07, 2008, 12:01 PM
Hassan
column title with multiple lines in htmltable
Hi,
I am using htmltable in maintain (7.6.2) and the column titles are just too long and there is a need to split them in multiple lines. I tried using '\n', that splits the line in maintain development environment but doesn't split it when its compiled and being run in the browser. Is there anything that can be done?

Thanks
July 07, 2008, 12:11 PM
<Naak>
Hi Hassan,

Try this example.

TABLE FILE EMPDATA
SUM
SALARY
BY DEPT AS 'DEPARTMENT,DEPT,DEPART'

END
July 07, 2008, 01:28 PM
Hassan
Hi Naak,
Thanks for your reply, do you know how to do this in maintain's html table?. Thanks
July 08, 2008, 09:42 AM
Maintain Wizard
Hassan
I've tried and tried everything I can think of. Nothing seems to work at runtime. The only solution that I have for you is to turn off the HTMLTable's headers and place Text Boxes containing the multiline text above each column. This will work fine as long as you don't scroll the HTMLTable left / right.

One word of advice. If you do this technique, create the text for the multi-line text boxes in an editor and then cut and paste it into the Text object. It is easier then trying to format it before time.

Mark
July 09, 2008, 07:02 PM
Hassan
Mark, Thanks a lot Smiler
July 10, 2008, 09:32 AM
Francis Mariani
I don't know Maintain, but can you use CSS styling in the HTMLTable? Perhaps Maintain sets the css tag white-space property to nowrap. Try white-space: normal to disable the nowrap. Or, try adding an HTML break

These are a couple of wild guesses.

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server