Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     Graphs: Drilldown on BY in Header - 2nd horizontal category

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
Graphs: Drilldown on BY in Header - 2nd horizontal category
 Login/Join

Guru
posted
We have a fex generating a matrix of graphs from which we want to drilldown to a second fex based on the BY column in the header (a/k/a "2nd horizontal category for generating multiple graphs") in the DevStudio Graph Assistant.

The graph assistant does not readily allow a drilldown linked to this BY column. We have had varying results:

1.) nothing happens
2.) java.net.SocketException

This is the latest version we have tried and nothing is happening. We're trying to drill down from a region to a market.

TYPE=HEADING,
LINE=1,
BY=1,
OBJECT=FIELD,
ITEM=1,
COLUMN=REGION_NAME,
FOCEXEC=app/marketgr.fex
(REGION_NAME=REGION),
$

Thanks in advance for any suggestions you might have.
Wink
Sandy

Posts: 238 | Location: Atlanta, GA/Rehovot, Israel | Registered: May 06, 2003Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Sandy, i do drills from my headers this way:

[and i can use a by field or just a word .. caveat...i don't do gui]
say my report is BY REGION_NAME NOPRINT..
then my heading would be
HEADING
"then
TYPE=HEADING,LINE=1,ITEM=1,FOCEXEC=myfex (parms.. ),$
or...
HEADING
"my region is ...now the reference becomes
TYPE=HEADING,LINE=1,ITEM=2,....etc
or...
HEADING
"click here for then its
TYPE=HEADING,LINE=1,ITEM=2,focexec=myfex1 (parm=..) ,$
TYPE=HEADING,LINE=2,ITEM=4,focexec=myfex1 (parm...) ,$
There's a ton you can do in headers.
Things like..
'CLICK HERE TO SORT BY THIS OR THAT OR THEOTHER"
is a good usage.
Place markers in headers help group things togther for a drilldown selection
"this <+0> that <+0> the other <+0>"
Here, the item1 would be 'this', the item 2 would be 'that' and the item 'the other' would be item 3. so you can use text and &vars in your headers, not just by fields, and still do drilldowns. Sometimes in a long header, getting the item number right takes a little trial and error...but you'll get it.
How's the weather? You all doing all right?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: <Maryellen>,

In Focus since 1979///7706m/5 ;wintel 2008/64;OAM security; Oracle db, ///MRE/BID

Posts: 3811 | Location: Manhattan | Registered: October 28, 2003Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
say Sandy, in doing some graph work yesteday, i encountered the socket bomb when &LINES = 0
i.e. no data.
With TABLE FILE a no data situation doesn't produce a socket bomb.
but with GRAPH FILE, a no data situation does in fact socket bomb.

Posts: 3811 | Location: Manhattan | Registered: October 28, 2003Report This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
Susannah -

Ironically, when we have no data when don't get the socket bomb. However, no matter how I try the code you suggested we get the java.net.SocketException unless we mention the column. The good news is that the graph works; the bad news is that the region name is not a drillable link.

This is an open case with Tech Response and they are still researching.

But thanks for the help - we need all the FOCUS folks to help out!

Posts: 238 | Location: Atlanta, GA/Rehovot, Israel | Registered: May 06, 2003Report This Post