Focal Point
Problem in dev studio

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/1761020071

May 31, 2006, 05:27 AM
<Antony Gubert>
Problem in dev studio
Hi,
I have installed the Wf server in one machine and the client on another.
When i access the client through dev studio, i am able to create procedures like
TABLE FILE CAR
print *
end
etc etc and get the results but I am not able to see the master files.
I understand that the master files will be stored in the Web Focus server. How do i see these files from dev studio?
May 31, 2006, 06:28 AM
Tony A
Antony,

Under the servername/Data Servers/EDASERVE/Applications there should be a folder called ibisamp. You will find the standard sample files and their respective masters (MFDs / .mas) in this folder.

All the New Century Corp files are contained in the ibincc?? folder where ?? represents the suffix related to your country code - en = english, de = german etc. The only file that is not present by default in the one for the orders database - centord, but this can be created by running the loadord.fex from within the ibisamp folder. Unless you have a beefy local machine with copious amounts of memory, I would not suggest that you try and open the .fex file though.

T

In FOCUS
since 1986
WebFOCUS Server 8.2.01M, thru 8.2.07 on Windows Svr 2008 R2  
WebFOCUS App Studio 8.2.06 standalone on Windows 10 
May 31, 2006, 06:48 AM
Karanth
I have a similar problem. I am unable to list applications under /Data Servers/EDASERVE/Applications
It gives an error:
Error issuing FILEDEF Command for :F1 FOCAPPL DISC C:\DOCUMENTS AND

What do i do?
May 31, 2006, 07:17 AM
<JG>
Antony,

Sounds like your'e using projects and not the WebFocus environments.

Projects will by default show masters and focexecs in the particular project and baseapp
but not all of those in your app path. ibisamp must be in your app path if you can create
and run a request.
To add other folders to a project right click the project and select properties.
You will be able to add folders by selecting the paths tab.