Focal Point
[CLOSED] keep records that match all values picked

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/1807025096

July 10, 2018, 02:35 PM
Kpfliger
[CLOSED] keep records that match all values picked
Hi,

I'm trying to create a report that lists out all of my customers that have all of the values they selected in a dynamic multiple select parameter AND DO NOT HAVE the values they selected in a 2nd dynamic multiple select parameter.

For example I want all customers that have the cars: Toyota, Chevy and Ford but NOT Subaru. In the 1st dynamic multiple select value Toyota, Chevy and Ford are selected. In the 2nd dynamic multiple select Subaru is selected.

How would I determine that Customer A HAS all 3 of the cars selected (Toyota, Chevy, Ford)but NOT Subaru? Please note that this needs to be created in Info Assist and can not be created through a text editor.

Thank you in advance!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: FP Mod Chuck,

WebFOCUS 8
Windows, All Outputs
July 10, 2018, 04:20 PM
MartinY
Create a filter that will result in such as this WHERE CAR EQ &MULTISEL1 AND CAR NE &MULTYSEL2;

But as per your sample you don't need the AND condition since if CAR is Toyota, Chevy and Ford it cannot be a Subaru.
So having an inclusion and exclusion condition on the same field has no sense.
Except if your need is not properly explained...

WF versions : Prod 8.2.04M gen 33, Dev 8.2.04M gen 33, OS : Windows, DB : MSSQL, Outputs : HTML, Excel, PDF
In Focus since 2007