Focal Point
[Closed with workaround] Chaining with multiple parameters.

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/1807027576

April 22, 2015, 03:26 PM
TexasStingray
[Closed with workaround] Chaining with multiple parameters.
I have a the folloowing scenario.

ControlA - AsOfDate this is a drop down list and is populated from table A

ControlB - Department, departments change change from day to day so they can be in the table for multiple days. when they change the may not get a new key.

ControlC - lets call this employee. employees can be moved, quit, etc.

Controls B and C are populated from tableB shich has a date, and the department key, employee key.

I need to change ControlA to ControlB with AsOfDate. Got this.

I need to change ControlB to ControlC with AsOfDate and DepartmentID. as department ID is not unique in itself. And if I query with just Department ID i get employees at are not in the department any more.

So, Yes tableB keeps a history, and I need to pass both AsOfDate and DepartmentID to the 2nd chained control (ControlC).

WF8

Thanks

This message has been edited. Last edited by: TexasStingray,

Scott

quote:
I need to change ControlA to ControlB with AsOfDate. Got this.

I need to change ControlB to ControlC with AsOfDate and DepartmentID

Change?? Or Chain?

I appreciate that English is pretty loosey-goosey compared to any programming language I know, but even it requires a little more syntax than that! Smiler

WebFOCUS 7.7.05 Windows, Linux, DB2, IBM Lotus Notes, Firebird, Lotus Symphony/OpenOffice. Outputs PDF, Excel 2007 (for OpenOffice integration), WP
Sorry, chain.

Anyways, I ended up saving the date in the department list procedure to foccache and in the employee list procedure reading it back into a varable to use.

Scott