Focal Point
[CASE-OPENED_NFR] Active reports using ACROSS

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/1827063716

March 02, 2012, 12:44 PM
texgator
[CASE-OPENED_NFR] Active reports using ACROSS
I have an AHTML report with the code produced below. When we export this report to Excel, the ACROSS headings do not export. Is this how it is suppose to be? How can I get them to export in Excel?

TABLE FILE QSPOFSUM
SUM
COUNT1/I11C
BY WCCSTS AS 'Cost, Center'
BY QRSROM AS 'Whse'
BY CTSDES AS 'Warehouse, Name'
ACROSS QRZ3QSPF AS 'POF Codes'

Also, is there an option in Active reports (or maybe another format), where we can filter on the across columns like we could in Excel Pivot tables.

Thanks.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

WebFOCUS 7.6.10
Windows
all output (Excel, HTML, PDF)
March 02, 2012, 02:26 PM
njsden
quote:
When we export this report to Excel, the ACROSS headings do not export.

Sadly that's still the case in 7.7.03.

It sort of defies the purpose of having the ability of filtering and manipulating the results in the active window, but losing relevant information when they get exported to Excel.

TABLE FILE CAR
SUM DEALER_COST
    SALES
BY COUNTRY
ACROSS CAR
ON TABLE SET HTMLCSS ON
ON TABLE PCHOLD FORMAT AHTML
END

When exported to Excel, values such as "ALPHA ROMEO", "AUDI", "BMW", etc. get removed from the results. Instead, the output now shows DEALER_COST, DEALER_COST [2], DEALER_COST [3], etc. which is rather meaningless to whoever will receive the results for analysis.

I would open a case with IBI.

Prod/Dev: WF Server 8008/Win 2008 - WF Client 8008/Win 2008 - Dev. Studio: 8008/Windows 7 - DBMS: Oracle 11g Rel 2
Test: Dev. Studio 8008 /Windows 7 (Local) Output:HTML, EXL2K.
March 02, 2012, 05:21 PM
texgator
Agreed. I think I read somehwere that it was fixed in one of the later version. Thanks for confirming it wasn't. I opened up a case about this with IBI and they have added this as a new feature request.

WebFOCUS 7.6.10
Windows
all output (Excel, HTML, PDF)