Focal Point
[CLOSED] Calendar Prompt has date conversion error

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/1827095995

March 02, 2011, 11:30 AM
Andrea
[CLOSED] Calendar Prompt has date conversion error
So I am in HTML composer trying to take the date prompt that I have displaying to the end user and instead of having them enter it, I'd like for them to just click the date on the physical calendar that pops up. So I've set the control type to calendar and I have the data format in data source to YY/MM/DD - so when you click on the date - the date is filled in the box as 11/02/24 - but what needs to be entered for it to work is really 2011024. Should I be doing a conversion somewhere? There's no other available option that makes it work. Any info would be great, thanks! Andrea

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

WebFOCUS 7.6.11
Developer Studio / Report Painter / MRE
Unix / Solaris
Outputs: Excel, HTML,PDF
March 02, 2011, 01:34 PM
Doug
That's should be easy... EDIT out the slashes in the fex, which is executed from that launch page, and concatenate the century to the beginning of it...

In FOCUS Since 1983 ~ from FOCUS to WebFOCUS.
   Current: WebFOCUS Administrator at FIS Worldpay | 8204, 8206
March 02, 2011, 02:18 PM
Francis Mariani
In Document Composer Calendar Setup, I would use the YYMD format (2011/01/15), the most unambiguous format there is. As Doug suggests, in the fex launched by the HTML form, I'd EDIT out the slashes. Unfortunately, the Calendar control is 3/4 baked - one should be able to choose the date separator - slashes, dashes, none. As well, one should be able to control whether the user can type the date or must choose from the date picker. New Feature Requests?

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server