Focal Point
WebFOCUS created PDF with rights enabled for comments

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/1871005432

June 27, 2007, 01:13 PM
Edan
WebFOCUS created PDF with rights enabled for comments
Adobe Acrobat 8.1 has the capability of adding comments to a PDF file. By right clicking on the tools button, and selecting ‘More Tools’ a list of ‘Comment & Markup Toolbar’ tools shows up among other buttons. There is a note on these button which state that ‘Only available when document rights are enabled.’ Of course for a normally produced PDF out of WebFOCUS such rights are not enabled.
There is a free PDF reader called PDF-XChange Viewer which seems to have enabled these rights. It is however a bit to new and seems to frequently crash.
How can we get WebFOCUS to create a PDF with rights enabled for comments for Acrobat Reader?
June 29, 2007, 02:50 PM
Leah
quote:
How can we get WebFOCUS to create a PDF with rights enabled for comments for Acrobat Reader?

Must be full blown Adobe feature, I don't see it in the reader only. May be why you've received no feedback.

Ignore me, I found what you were talking about, I wonder if it is because it's created as a fixed name in the system or if a parmameter exists somewhere that could be set.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Leah,

Leah
June 29, 2007, 04:43 PM
Darin Lee
probably would have to be a variation of the actual output format like PDFOPEN instead of PDF. I have had a similar question about creating protected PDF documents (that could not be edited) which could be resolved with a similar type of process. maybe PDFLOCK?

Regards,

Darin

In FOCUS since 1991
WF Server: 7.7.04 on Linux and Z/OS, ReportCaster, Self-Service, MRE, Java, Flex
Data: DB2/UDB, Adabas, SQL Server Output: HTML,PDF,EXL2K/07, PS, AHTML, Flex
WF Client: 77 on Linux w/Tomcat
June 29, 2007, 04:57 PM
Edan
Darin,

It does seem like we would need to have IBI add some parameter to PDF file creation which would unlock commenting by reader or allow the locking of a file as you need. PDF does have many options, it would be great if those and others were addressed in a future release of WebFOCUS.