Focal Point
Execute focexec

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/1891082142

August 10, 2007, 03:29 PM
MadamZuZu
Execute focexec
hi Smiler

does anyone know how i can run a focexec without actually opening a new window.

for example. i need to create a hold file on page load of an hml page. but i dont want a new fex window to open up.

can i do it?

~~~||~~~||~~~||~~~||~~~||~~~||~~~||~~~||~~~||~~~
PROD: WebFOCUS 7.1.3 on Win 2K/IIS 6/ISAPI Mode/Self-Serve Apps Only (No App Server)
TEST: WebFOCUS 7.1.3 on Win 2K/IIS 6/Weblogic 8.1/Servlet Mode
August 10, 2007, 04:28 PM
<Tim Howard_ABCBS>
You should be able to make a call using ajax methods in javascript. By doing it this way, you can load the page and call the focus code asyncronously through an ajax object and the focus code will just run in the background. If you would like some sample code, let me know and I'll send you some.

Tim H.
August 11, 2007, 04:19 AM
Alan B
Ajax is a very good method, one that I use extensively. You could, if you don't want to use ajax though, run a a pre-processing page, which will then run the focexec and call the html page through a -HTMLFORM call.
Pre-processing page:
<html>
<head>
<script langauge="javascript">
location.href="your url to run processing focexec goes here";
</script>
</head>
<body>
<p>
Page Loading message here perhaps.
</p>
</body>
</html>

Processing page:
TABLE FILE CAR
PRINT COUNTRY
ON TABLE HOLD
END
-HTMLFORM myOriginalHtmlPage

Alan.
WF 7.705/8.007
August 12, 2007, 03:10 AM
susannah
Zu. where is your html page?
are you running from a self-serve site (under the inetpub\wwwroot) or from mre?
if its mre
put this tag in your head of your launchpage

or might work for you.
if its from a selfserve site, it depends on whether you have a frame structre, or you're just launching from a url link? tell me more and ill give you more code, it will be a target statement , within the FORM tag, referencing a frame name .

In Focus since 1979///7706m/5 ;wintel 2008/64;OAM security; Oracle db, ///MRE/BID