Focal Point
Setting width of all columns in stylesheet

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/1921099212

February 13, 2007, 12:09 PM
Jason K.
Setting width of all columns in stylesheet
Hello!

I have a .fex set up to product HTML output the seems to wrap data in longer columns and is making my output hard to read.

For example... a value of '01 West' is being rendered as '01 (then on the next line) West' rather than displaying it as '01 West'

Could I set my report's options in the stylesheet section of my .fex to force all columns to the width of the data? I've tried doing it with the GUI, but it doesn't seem to act like I'd like it to.

Here is my stylesheet below...
ON TABLE PCHOLD FORMAT HTML
ON TABLE SET HTMLCSS ON
ON TABLE SET STYLE *
UNITS=IN,
SQUEEZE=ON,
ORIENTATION=PORTRAIT,
$
TYPE=REPORT,
GRID=OFF,
FONT='ARIAL',
SIZE=9,
COLOR='BLACK',
BACKCOLOR='NONE',
STYLE=NORMAL,
$

Thanks!

Prod: Single Windows 2008 Server running Webfocus 7.7.03 Reporting server Web server IIS6/Tomcat, AS400 DB2 database.
February 13, 2007, 12:18 PM
mgrackin
Jason,

I wrote an article discussing how to do this among other things. You may find this article in the Focus on Developers section of Focal Point.

Here's the direct link to the article:

http://www.informationbuilders.com/support/developers/htmlpdf.html

Thanks!

Mickey

FOCUS/WebFOCUS 1990 - 2011
February 13, 2007, 04:33 PM
Leah
Depending on what you're doing, you can use

SET STYLEMODE = FIXED

or within the table command

ON TABLE SET STYLEMODE FIXED

I use the first option usually.

Will have to check out Mickey's article. Love learning new stuff.

Leah
February 14, 2007, 10:21 AM
susannah
Jason, SET GRID = OFF will undo the automatic wrapping. for some enigmatic reason, these two features are intertwined. OFFing the GRID , tho, has accompanying problems, eg a blank line now appears above your grandtotals.

In Focus since 1979///7706m/5 ;wintel 2008/64;OAM security; Oracle db, ///MRE/BID
February 23, 2007, 12:32 PM
Jason K.
Everything works well now.

Thank you for your patience, and for the link above...it's got a lot of great stylesheet syntactical info.

Prod: Single Windows 2008 Server running Webfocus 7.7.03 Reporting server Web server IIS6/Tomcat, AS400 DB2 database.