Focal Point
how to populate the drop down list dynamically using procedure in html layout painter

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/1931026981

October 07, 2006, 02:22 AM
Balaji Gavini
how to populate the drop down list dynamically using procedure in html layout painter
hi,
I am trying to populate the drop down list in html layout painter using procedure. But i am not getting the drop down list populated.I am able to populate the drop down list using datasouce(i.e mas file). Can any one help me how to populate the drop down list dynamically in html layout painter using the procedure which is given as option in the parameters tab in properties window.
October 09, 2006, 05:31 AM
kalyanswarna
HI Balaji,
Using the following functions you can call the Dropdown Values Dynamically.

It would also require in depth knowledge of the FOCUS language. You would have to create procedures to load your lists dynamically, you would also need to learn about HOLDING files, using the !IBI.AMP.; and !IBI.FIL.; syntax as well as utilizing –HTMLFORM commands.

i thind it would be helpful for you.

Thanks,
Kalyan

Thanks,
Kalyan.S
------------------------------------
WebFOCUS 7.1.4, Win XP SP2,
Oracle8i.
------------------------------------
October 09, 2006, 08:11 AM
Tony A
Balaji,

To populate a combo from a procedure you will need to have two values in your table request and, most importantly, ensure you hold the output locally using ON TABLE PCHOLD FORMAT XML.

e.g.
TABLE FILE CAR
SUM FST.COUNTRY
BY COUNTRY
ON TABLE PCHOLD FORMAT XML
END

T

In FOCUS
since 1986
WebFOCUS Server 8.2.01M, thru 8.2.07 on Windows Svr 2008 R2  
WebFOCUS App Studio 8.2.06 standalone on Windows 10 
October 12, 2006, 08:12 AM