Focal Point
[CASWE OPENED] Report Caster - Update BOT Tables in SQL Repository

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/1937080386

July 12, 2016, 10:01 AM
MMcDonald
[CASWE OPENED] Report Caster - Update BOT Tables in SQL Repository
We just had two users leave the company and between them, they have about 200 reports they receive. My question is, is there a way to write a job and update all the necessary BOT Tables in SQL repository?
I would need to update the static emails as well as the distribution lists by doing a find and replace on email addresses. This would save a great deal of time from having to edit each schedule and distribution list. Appreciate any assistance you can offer.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Tamra,

8.0.9, Windows
excel / pdf
July 12, 2016, 10:48 AM
Francis Mariani
I think it's possible. First make a backup of all the BOT tables. Either through (non-existant?) documentation or examination, you will find the appropriate tables. If you do not delete any rows, and just update email addresses or names, I think you should be OK. Of course, use SQL, not WebFOCUS to update the tables. My guess is that only two or three tables would need to be updated. Create a different copy of the tables to test out the SQL before running them on the live tables.

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server
July 12, 2016, 11:04 AM
MMcDonald
Thanks for the quick response, Francis !
I found 3 tables:
BOTSCHED
BOTDEST
BOTDIST

we will create a test scenario and try updating the emails. Thanks again

8.0.9, Windows
excel / pdf
July 12, 2016, 11:54 AM
MMcDonald
This worked great....here's the code I used:

BEGIN
UPDATE S
set S.distlist=REPLACE(S.distlist, 'old_value', 'new_value')

FROM [WebFocus80STG].[dbo].[BOTDIST] S
where distlist like '%old_value%'
END

8.0.9, Windows
excel / pdf