Focal Point
[CASE-OPENED] Restful Webservices - WF 8 : Parm Array

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/1977007666

January 14, 2014, 12:51 PM
Kowens
[CASE-OPENED] Restful Webservices - WF 8 : Parm Array
Anyone have a .NET example on how to incorporate a parm array to a restful webservice call in WF 8? The sample provided in the manual is too generic. I want to dynamically push an array of parms to the service.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: <Kathryn Henning>,

Version: 8.0.0.6
Windows platform
All output formats will probably be used.
January 15, 2014, 07:26 AM
Efrem
The parameters for a WebFOCUS report using RESTful Web Services is passed as name/value pairs either as parameters to the GET request or in the Body of the POST request.

Documentation example:
postData = "IBIRS_action=run&COUNTRY=ENGLAND"

If there are additional parameters the name value pairs would be appended:
postData = "IBIRS_action=run&COUNTRY=ENGLAND&CAR=JAGUAR"

If the number of parameters are dynamic, I would suggest concatenating each of the name/value pairs to the parameter string in a loop based on the number of parameters for the report.

eg:
postData = postData + "&" + parmName(i) + "=" + parmValue(i)
January 15, 2014, 11:29 AM
Kowens
Thank you Efrem. I have an open case about this, but I have noticed that both a SOAP and a restful webservice report that is AHTML does NOT respect the DIV.innerHTML tag. So if I have a .NET app, I call a report that is AHTML and want it to position itself inside a DIV tag. It does not work, and the report renders to the upper left hand of the screen, overlaying the other content on the screen.

Windows platform
January 15, 2014, 05:14 PM
Efrem
It seems that your AHTML issue is not a Web Services issue.
If you run an AHTML report via the WebFOCUS front-end, it produces the same output.
So, if you opened a case for this, the Product Manager in charge of Active Reports will look at this.
January 16, 2014, 11:56 AM
Kowens
Thank you Efrem. I have an opened case, and they are looking into the AHTML.

Windows platform