Focal Point
[Solved] PDF Layout Painter question

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/200102602

August 11, 2009, 10:48 AM
Jason K.
[Solved] PDF Layout Painter question
Say I have two reports in a PDF Layout, one that could be potentially many pages long and one that is a short summary.

What I've done is put the detailed (Long) report on the first page of the PDF layout painter and set it to flowing so it will just take up as much space as it needs. Then I created a second page that has my summary report, which is set to a fixed size.

This set up works just fine. The detailed report prints on multiple pages, then the summary report starts on the next page. It was wonderful when we it took in a value for just one City.

Now, we need the reports to run for all cities when a user passes State. That works fine, except it prints the detail for all cities, then it prints the summary for all the cities.

Is there any way to make the PDF Layout print page 1, then page 2...then do the same thing for the next city?

Thanks!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Jason K.,

Prod: Single Windows 2008 Server running Webfocus 7.7.03 Reporting server Web server IIS6/Tomcat, AS400 DB2 database.
August 11, 2009, 11:44 AM
GinnyJakes
Yes, that is called a coordinated compound report. The sample in the manual is done on the CENTURYSALES demo file and puts a report and graph on the same page for each region. This is documented in the "Creating Reports with Graphical Tools" manual.

Have fun!

Ginny
---------------------------------
Prod: WF 7.7.01 Dev: WF 7.6.9-11
Admin, MRE,self-service; adapters: Teradata, DB2, Oracle, SQL Server, Essbase, ESRI, FlexEnable, Google
August 11, 2009, 02:38 PM
Jason K.
Thanks GinnyJakes, the Coordinated Compound Report was what we needed!

Prod: Single Windows 2008 Server running Webfocus 7.7.03 Reporting server Web server IIS6/Tomcat, AS400 DB2 database.