Focal Point
[Not Available] Rerun Schedule Job from Report Library

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/2021088213

January 07, 2009, 05:22 PM
<dksib>
[Not Available] Rerun Schedule Job from Report Library
I have a requirement that has a schedule run and place the report in Report Library and sends an email to a list(this part done). From the report Library they want to review the report and either Rerun the schedule after they updated some information or Approve the report and this will send an eamil with a summary to a sales list, copy the report to sharepoint.

My issue is how to allow them to change a parameter within Report Library. Has anyone done this?

I have done this in a deferred reports and directly online, but I have not done this.

Thanks for any help.

David

This message has been edited. Last edited by: <dksib>,
January 07, 2009, 06:04 PM
Darin Lee
I don't believe Report Library allows for this feature. It's purpose it to be an archive for viewers to view predetermined content. It doesn't really lend itself to the kind of interactivity that you want. Suppose 10 different users looked at the report and each one of them changed a parameter and reran the report. How would you know what it is you're looking at?

Probably your best option would be just to schedule the report and distribute to the Library. Then provide the users the ability the schedule that report or to re-run a pre-set schedule immediately (look into DSTRUN). For the "Approve" functionality, that would have to run some other schedule that creates your summary report and sends it to a different distribution list. The copy to sharepoint would have to be some OS command or ftp procedure - possibly executed as a post-execution procedure of the "Approval" schedule.

Regards,

Darin

In FOCUS since 1991
WF Server: 7.7.04 on Linux and Z/OS, ReportCaster, Self-Service, MRE, Java, Flex
Data: DB2/UDB, Adabas, SQL Server Output: HTML,PDF,EXL2K/07, PS, AHTML, Flex
WF Client: 77 on Linux w/Tomcat
January 16, 2009, 05:23 PM
<dksib>
Darin,

Thanks for the confirmation that this can not be done via Report Library.
As far as the 10 different users goes, I would only have 1 (one) parmameter that they could change. Also, the report shows the parmameters that it used.
January 16, 2009, 05:38 PM
FrankDutch
This might be better done with the dashboard.

The user can run the report and the parameters are filled by the user.

Frank

prod: WF 7.6.10 platform Windows,
databases: msSQL2000, msSQL2005, RMS, Oracle, Sybase,IE7
test: WF 7.6.10 on the same platform and databases,IE7

January 17, 2009, 08:43 AM
<dksib>
Frank,

Thanks for the input. I have already tried that approach with them but for this one they do not want that option, but for a couple they did.

The users decided to go with 2 schedule jobs for this. The first one will create the report and send it to the report library and email to a user list when it is done. The second one is not scheduled but they can run it when they want that will do the rest.