Focal Point
[CLOSED] Dashboard with Dynamic Tabs

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/207104481

July 18, 2009, 03:15 PM
<dksib>
[CLOSED] Dashboard with Dynamic Tabs
I am trying to create multiple generic dashboards that will have say 10 tabs to them. When the user signs on and based upon a varible that is created here they will only see 5 of the 10 tabs. Back in 2004 or 2005 IBI was talking about doing something like this and I am wondering if it is possible.

My managers want to keep the unique Dashboard views to a minumn. The client already stated that they do not want to see Tabs, iFrames, Reports, or graphs blank, not available, or empty to these users that do not have access to these areas.

Thanks,

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,
July 20, 2009, 09:45 AM
Francis Mariani
Ideally, these users would be in a different MRE User Group, with their own MRE User Group View.

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server
July 21, 2009, 10:11 AM
susannah
that's coming, we're told by the big giant head* at 2PP, soon, and to a theatre near you. being accomplished by something called 'SUBGROUPS'... where the database controlling users and groups and attributes will be a relational database, rather than a complex nest of htm and xml and jsp things.
Sounds very promising.
*(is that reference too passe now?)

In Focus since 1979///7706m/5 ;wintel 2008/64;OAM security; Oracle db, ///MRE/BID