Focal Point
generating a graph report in excel vs graph report in browser

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/2101028331

December 15, 2004, 11:25 PM
<KPBHATT>
generating a graph report in excel vs graph report in browser
Hi,

we have a report which has output being generated in table values as well as a graph on the same page. For this report the user also has the flexibility to specify if they need the output in a browser or in excel.

we are facing a peculiar error while generating this report in excel. we are able to successfully able to generate the report in browser with both the table output and the graph being displayed on the same page. However when we try to generate this in excel the graph output gets suppressed and only the table format of the report is displayed. IS there a way by which i can use the same codebase to generate this report in excel with both table output and graph on the same page as in browser. Not sure if i need to do some settings on the desktop for the same. Do provide pointers to this.
December 16, 2004, 05:46 AM
susannah
nope
but its coming in a new version, we're told.
excel templates.
December 16, 2004, 10:11 AM
<KPBHATT>
Hi Susannah,

Thanks for your response. We are currently using version 5.2.6. Any hints as to which version might have the feature for excel templates?
December 16, 2004, 02:48 PM
susannah
hmmm. Brian Carter is the one ot ask at ibi. i think its the release they are calling, for some mysterious and misguided reason, "Tango". Which comes after 5.3.n.
December 16, 2004, 03:04 PM
<monte2000>
Um...personally I like the name TANGO.

Anyways, I will give Brian Carter a heads up that the Focal Point community is asking a question for him.

Your friendly neighborhood moderator and die hard TANGO fan,

Monica Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
December 16, 2004, 03:47 PM
BCarter
Generating graphs in Excel format obviously is not supported at this time, but as Susannah mentions relief is on the way. The Excel "template" feature will allow you to create an Excel workbook that contains an Excel graph referencing the data generated by WF. The ideal solution for your request is to output graphs directly into Excel. That functionality is under consideration, but has not been targeted for release as of yet.