Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     reportcaster drilldowns

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
reportcaster drilldowns
 Login/Join

Master
posted
After searching the forum to solve a problem with reportcaster drilldowns, I've run into another problem.

I've added
SET FOCEXURL = HTTP://svr99wfrs/ibi_apps/WFServlet

as the first line of my reportcasted fex that drills into another fex called "open_items" under dev studio properties for the .fex it shows it's location as
app/open_items.fex

now, when I run the report, it comes up fine but the drill down gives me an error of
(FOC227) THE FOCEXEC PROCEDURE CANNOT BE FOUND: app/open_items

everything looks fine in the url,
http://svr99wfrs/ibi_apps/WFServlet?IBIF_ex=app/open_items&CLICKED_ON=&ORDER_NUM=970054717

and when I remove the
SET FOCEXECURL line it works fine with URL of
http://svr99wfrs/ibi_apps/WFServlet?IBIF_webapp=/ibi_ap...sbiuq9/xosbiuq9.htm&IBIF_ex=app/open_items&CLICKED_ON=&ORDER_NUM=970044261
for the drill down.

Where's all the extra stuff coming from that makes it work?
specifically, this...
?IBIF_webapp=/ibi_apps&IBIC_server=EDASERVE&IBIWF_msgviewer=OFF&&IBIMR_drill=X,xosbiuq9/xosbiuq9.htm&

Thanks!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Jason K.,

Prod: Single Windows 2008 Server running Webfocus 7.7.03 Reporting server Web server IIS6/Tomcat, AS400 DB2 database.

Master
posted Hide Post
ok, I took my fex and put it in the edaserve and took it out of the MRE, and it seems to be working just fine.

So, I'm assuming this has something to do with security? Is there a way to drill into an MRE report from a reportcasted email?

We don't like creating anything but metadata and non-display jobs on the edaserve if we don't have to.

Prod: Single Windows 2008 Server running Webfocus 7.7.03 Reporting server Web server IIS6/Tomcat, AS400 DB2 database.

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Jason,
Your URL which to you looks ok:
URL=http://svr99wfrs/ibi_apps/WFServlet?IBIF_ex=app/open_items&CLICKED_ON=&ORDER_NUM=970054717

is in fact a url that indeed will not work.
The other one however does.
The additions are what makes it work.
?IBIF_webapp=/ibi_apps&IBIC_server=EDASERVE&IBIWF_msgviewer=OFF&&IBIMR_drill=X,xosbiuq9/xosbiuq9.htm&

IBIF_webapp tells the system where the webapplications can be found (ie webfocus and reportcaster, the war files and directories).
IBIC_server, well that sort of standard, not really needed, but better be safe then sorry.
IBIF_msgviewer is set to off, you don't need that.
The last part is what really matters, since that indicates that this is a MRE drilldown, located in this directory and controlled by this html file. The html location is th elocation of your domain and the domain control file.

In the first URL, the one that looks ok but isn't, you try to run a fex called app/open_items. This would have worked if you would have had a directory called app under your approot. But that's obviously not the case, so that request looks ok, but fails, it can't find the folder app under the approot.
The folder is located in your domain folder under MRE. SO the second URL does work, since it points to MRE.

Does this explanation help a bit?

GamP

- Using AS 8.2.01 on Windows 10 - IE11.
in Focus since 1988

Posts: 1961 | Location: Netherlands | Registered: September 25, 2007Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
thanks GamP. After reading your post, I took the 'app/' off and it still failed, so I went ahead and created the fex in the EDAserve environment and the drilldown is working now.

thanks again.

Master
posted Hide Post
Well, a few months later, we've discovered our solution is too much trouble to maintain, so we need a better answer.

As a quick summary of what happened, when we add a FOCEXURL line to our pre-process in reportcaster, the drilldowns will only allow a drill down to a report in the EDASERVE environment, not the MRE environment. So, our solution was to simply make a copy of the .fex in the edaserve environment and it would work.

How can we drilldown to a report in the MRE environment from a reportcasted email in 7.6?