Focal Point
[CASE-OPENED] HTML Composer yields '(Not Responding)' message opening a .HTM file

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/2197009276

October 01, 2014, 10:47 AM
David Briars
[CASE-OPENED] HTML Composer yields '(Not Responding)' message opening a .HTM file
I created a dashboard with HTML Composer, consisting of six panels. Each panel contains an iframe. And each iframe exectues an external procedure.

HTML Composer yields a '(Not Responding)' message, upon opening a .HTM file.

After many minutes, the .htm 'opens'. I see the results of execution in the first four panels, but not the last two.

Steps:
1. Highlight filename in explorer.
2. Right Mouse click.
3. Click 'Open in HTML Composer'.

This was opening fine late yesterday. It stopped working today when I came in this morning.

The .htm executes ok.

Any ideas?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: <Kathryn Henning>,

Pilot: WebFOCUS 8.2.06 Test: WebFOCUS 8.1.05M Prod: WebFOCUS 8.1.05M Server: Windows Server 2016/Tomcat Standalone Workstation: Windows 10/IE11+Edge Database: Oracle 12c, Netezza, & MS SQL Server 2019 Output: AHTML/XLSX/HTML/PDF/JSCHART Tools: WFDS, Repository Content, BI Portal Designer & ReportCaster
October 01, 2014, 12:51 PM
David Briars
Update: I can repro this symptom on a new .htm. I create four iframes linked to external procedures, and I can then open the .htm in HTML Composer AOK. As soon as, I add a fifth iframe, I obtain the '(Not Responding)' message, upon attempting to open in HTML Composer.
October 07, 2014, 11:25 AM
<Kathryn Henning>
Hi David,

Thank you for opening a case for this issue. Please keep us updated on the outcome.

Cheers!

Kathryn
October 07, 2014, 12:23 PM
MattC
Is this opening or executing?

Can you go into options and check Simulated Data for HTML?

I had similar behavior with a particular HTML that grabbed a lot of data.

WebFOCUS 8.1.05
October 07, 2014, 06:06 PM
David Briars
Thanks for your questions, Matt,
quote:
Is this opening or executing?

'(Not Responding)' messages appears upon opening the .htm with HTML Composer.

The .htm executes like a champ. The page renders, and all six panels are resolved in under two seconds.

quote:
Can you go into options and check Simulated Data for HTML?

Going to Window...Options...HTML Page and switching from 'Live Data' to 'Simulated Data' does not resolve the issue.

Going to Window...Options...HTML Page and unchecking 'Report and Graph Preview' does resolve the issue. Except of course I see empty panels, at design time.

quote:
I had similar behavior with a particular HTML that grabbed a lot of data.

In my test case, all panels go after IBI sample files. The issue seems to be not so much going after a large amount of data, as much as, laying out more than four panels on the page.

Pilot: WebFOCUS 8.2.06 Test: WebFOCUS 8.1.05M Prod: WebFOCUS 8.1.05M Server: Windows Server 2016/Tomcat Standalone Workstation: Windows 10/IE11+Edge Database: Oracle 12c, Netezza, & MS SQL Server 2019 Output: AHTML/XLSX/HTML/PDF/JSCHART Tools: WFDS, Repository Content, BI Portal Designer & ReportCaster