Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     Essbase Substitution Variables with WF 7.1.1

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
Essbase Substitution Variables with WF 7.1.1
 Login/Join

posted
On August 2005 I sent a request to Focal Point as follows:

"Hi, I have a few questions about the creation of dashboards.

The infrastructure we have is as follows:

- WebFOCUS Developer Studio 7.1.
- WebFOCUS Client/Server 7.1
- Hyperion Essbase 7.1 (data source)
- Managed Reporting (NOT INSTALLED)
- Report Caster (NOT INSTALLED)

The question is:

I need to use Substitution Variables provided by Essbase. I followed the steps exactly as shown in the manual and the returning message is:
"No HTML Output!
0 ERROR AT OR NEAR LINE 5 IN PROCEDURE ADHOCCRQ FOCEXEC *
(FOC015) THE TEST VALUE IS LONGER THAN THE FIELD FORMAT LENGTH: ^actuMonth
BYPASSING TO END OF COMMAND
(FOC009) INCOMPLETE REQUEST STATEMENT"

Thanks for your help,

Gabriel Siler"

The thing is that H. Lotrowski told me those issues related to substitution variables would be fixed on WebFOCUS version 7.1.1

I'm trying to get it work using Essbase substitution variables (Essbase 7.1.0) and results are the same as reported on AUGUST 2005.

Are these issues really resolved on WebFOCUS version 7.1.4 ?

ANY IDEAS

THANKS

Gabriel Siler
Technolabcorp (www.technolabcorp.com)
gabriels@technolabcorp.com

<HarryL>
posted
Hi Gabriel, It turns out that the name of the substitution variable must be the same or less than the length of the field you are using it for. At this point you have 2 choices, 1 - lengthen the field size in the synonym or 2 - shorten the variable name. We are currently looking into removing this restriction, but in the meanwhile, please try the above suggestions.

Report This Post