Focal Point
[SOLVED]nested subquery

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/2207047086

February 12, 2016, 10:25 AM
Geoff Fish
[SOLVED]nested subquery
I am looking for suggestions to convert this nested subquery to WF code. It generates a missing parentheses message in the SQL passthru wizard so that is out

I believe I am going to have to use hold files but am looking for some assistance as the SQL is above my level

Thanks

select 5 , 'Balance of New FY Pledges' row_name, 0, sum(greatest(0, agrpdes_amt -
nvl((select nvl(sum(agrgdes_amt),0) from agrgdes, agbgift
where agrgdes_pidm = agbpldg_pidm and agrgdes_pidm = agbgift_pidm and agrgdes_gift_no = agbgift_gift_no
and agrgdes_pledge_no = agrpdes_pledge_no
and agrgdes_campaign = agrpdes_campaign
and agrgdes_desg = agrpdes_desg and TRUNC(agbgift_gift_date) <= '31-JAN-2015' ),0) -
nvl((select nvl(sum(agrgmlt_3pp_amt),0)
from agrgmlt, agbgift
where agrgmlt_3pp_pledge_no = agrpdes_pledge_no and agrgmlt_pidm = agbgift_pidm and agrgmlt_gift_no=agbgift_gift_no
and agrgmlt_campaign = agrpdes_campaign
and agrgmlt_desg = agrpdes_desg and TRUNC(agbgift_gift_date) <='31-JAN-2015' ),0) -
nvl((select nvl(sum(agrgmmo_3pp_amt),0)
from agrgmmo, agbgift
where agrgmmo_3pp_pledge_no = agrpdes_pledge_no and agrgmmo_pidm = agbgift_pidm and agrgmmo_gift_no = agbgift_gift_no
and agrgmmo_campaign = agrpdes_campaign
and agrgmmo_desg = agrpdes_desg and TRUNC(agbgift_gift_date) <= '31-JAN-2015' ),0)

))
from AGBPLDG, AGRPDES WHERE (AGBPLDG_PIDM = AGRPDES_PIDM) AND (AGBPLDG_PLEDGE_NO = AGRPDES_PLEDGE_NO) AND
AGBPLDG_PLDG_CODE IN (SELECT ATVPLDG_CODE FROM ATVPLDG WHERE NVL(ATVPLDG_PLANNED_GIFT_IND,'0') <> '1' AND ATVPLDG_CODE NOT IN ('PO'))
AND AGBPLDG_PSTA_CODE IN ('A','P') AND AGBPLDG_FISC_CODE = '2015' AND TRUNC(AGBPLDG_PLEDGE_DATE ) <= '31-JAN-2015' and agrpdes_desg not in [select adbdesg_desg from adbdesg where ADBDESG_DSTP_CODE = 'NG')

Oh and the SQL will work in TOAD and Oracle Developer , just not in WebFOCUS

This message has been edited. Last edited by: <Emily McAllister>,

809 DevStudio, MRE, Report Caster , Report Library
Output: Excel PDF, HTML
February 12, 2016, 10:37 AM
MartinY
Look at
  and agrpdes_desg not in [select adbdesg_desg from adbdesg where ADBDESG_DSTP_CODE = 'NG')

You have a [ instead of ( before the select.

WF versions : Prod 8.2.04M gen 33, Dev 8.2.04M gen 33, OS : Windows, DB : MSSQL, Outputs : HTML, Excel, PDF
In Focus since 2007
February 12, 2016, 10:44 AM
Ricardo Augusto
Good One

MartinY has eagleĀ“s eyes!

WebFOCUS 8.1.05 / APP Studio
February 12, 2016, 10:52 AM
Geoff Fish
something happened when cut and pasted it should be ( not [

Have corrected post

February 12, 2016, 11:06 AM
Ricardo Augusto
My contribution is:

SET ASNAMES=ON
SET EMPTYCELLS = OFF
SET NODATA = 0

SET HOLDLIST=PRINTONLY

-SET &ORA_CON = 'YOUR_DESIRED_CONNECTION_LISTED_AT_TNSNAMES.ORA';

-* SET SQLORA ENGINE TO RUN SQL QUERIES

ENGINE SQLORA SET DEFAULT_CONNECTION &ORA_CON
SQL SQLORA PREPARE QUERY1 FOR
select 5 , 'Balance of New FY Pledges' row_name, 0, sum(greatest(0, agrpdes_amt - 
 where agrgdes_pidm = agbpldg_pidm and agrgdes_pidm = agbgift_pidm and agrgdes_gift_no = agbgift_gift_no 
 and agrgdes_desg = agrpdes_desg and TRUNC(agbgift_gift_date) <= '31-JAN-2015' ),0) -
 from agrgmlt, agbgift
 where agrgmlt_3pp_pledge_no = agrpdes_pledge_no and agrgmlt_pidm = agbgift_pidm and agrgmlt_gift_no=agbgift_gift_no
 and agrgmlt_desg = agrpdes_desg and TRUNC(agbgift_gift_date) <='31-JAN-2015' ),0) -
 from agrgmmo, agbgift
 where agrgmmo_3pp_pledge_no = agrpdes_pledge_no and agrgmmo_pidm = agbgift_pidm and agrgmmo_gift_no = agbgift_gift_no
 and agrgmmo_desg = agrpdes_desg and TRUNC(agbgift_gift_date) <= '31-JAN-2015' ),0) 

))
from AGBPLDG, AGRPDES WHERE (AGBPLDG_PIDM = AGRPDES_PIDM) AND (AGBPLDG_PLEDGE_NO = AGRPDES_PLEDGE_NO) AND 
 AGBPLDG_PLDG_CODE IN (SELECT ATVPLDG_CODE FROM ATVPLDG WHERE NVL(ATVPLDG_PLANNED_GIFT_IND,'0') <> '1' AND ATVPLDG_CODE NOT IN ('PO')) 
AND AGBPLDG_PSTA_CODE IN ('A','P') AND AGBPLDG_FISC_CODE = '2015' AND TRUNC(AGBPLDG_PLEDGE_DATE ) <= '31-JAN-2015' and agrpdes_desg not in [select adbdesg_desg from adbdesg where ADBDESG_DSTP_CODE = 'NG')
;

END

-RUN

TABLE FILE QUERY1
ENJOY
END

February 12, 2016, 11:16 AM
David Briars
quote:
...suggestions to convert this nested subquery to WF code...

This thread has an example of a nested subquery using the WebFOCUS reporting language:
http://forums.informationbuild...257043876
February 12, 2016, 11:19 AM
Geoff Fish
quote:
SET ASNAMES=ON SET EMPTYCELLS = OFF SET NODATA = 0 SET HOLDLIST=PRINTONLY -SET &ORA_CON = 'YOUR_DESIRED_CONNECTION_LISTED_AT_TNSNAMES.ORA'; -**************************************** -* SET SQLORA ENGINE TO RUN SQL QUERIES -**************************************** ENGINE SQLORA SET DEFAULT_CONNECTION &ORA_CON SQL SQLORA PREPARE QUERY1 FOR select 5 , 'Balance of New FY Pledges' row_name, 0, sum(greatest(0, agrpdes_amt - nvl((select nvl(sum(agrgdes_amt),0) from agrgdes, agbgift where agrgdes_pidm = agbpldg_pidm and agrgdes_pidm = agbgift_pidm and agrgdes_gift_no = agbgift_gift_no and agrgdes_pledge_no = agrpdes_pledge_no and agrgdes_campaign = agrpdes_campaign and agrgdes_desg = agrpdes_desg and TRUNC(agbgift_gift_date) <= '31-JAN-2015' ),0) - nvl[[select nvl[sum[agrgmlt_3pp_amt),0) from agrgmlt, agbgift where agrgmlt_3pp_pledge_no = agrpdes_pledge_no and agrgmlt_pidm = agbgift_pidm and agrgmlt_gift_no=agbgift_gift_no and agrgmlt_campaign = agrpdes_campaign and agrgmlt_desg = agrpdes_desg and TRUNC[agbgift_gift_date) <='31-JAN-2015' ),0) - nvl[[select nvl[sum[agrgmmo_3pp_amt),0) from agrgmmo, agbgift where agrgmmo_3pp_pledge_no = agrpdes_pledge_no and agrgmmo_pidm = agbgift_pidm and agrgmmo_gift_no = agbgift_gift_no and agrgmmo_campaign = agrpdes_campaign and agrgmmo_desg = agrpdes_desg and TRUNC[agbgift_gift_date) <= '31-JAN-2015' ),0) )) from AGBPLDG, AGRPDES WHERE [AGBPLDG_PIDM = AGRPDES_PIDM) AND [AGBPLDG_PLEDGE_NO = AGRPDES_PLEDGE_NO) AND AGBPLDG_PLDG_CODE IN [SELECT ATVPLDG_CODE FROM ATVPLDG WHERE NVL[ATVPLDG_PLANNED_GIFT_IND,'0') <> '1' AND ATVPLDG_CODE NOT IN ('PO')) AND AGBPLDG_PSTA_CODE IN ('A','P') AND AGBPLDG_FISC_CODE = '2015' AND TRUNC(AGBPLDG_PLEDGE_DATE ) <= '31-JAN-2015' and agrpdes_desg not in [select adbdesg_desg from adbdesg where ADBDESG_DSTP_CODE = 'NG') ; END -RUN TABLE FILE QUERY1 ENJOY END

THROWS ERROR MESSAGE

(FOC1400) SQLCODE IS 907 (HEX: 0000038B)
: ORA-00907: missing right parenthesis
SAME AS WITH sql WIZARD AND I corrrected [ TO (

bit thanks anyway for contributing to discussion

February 12, 2016, 11:25 AM
Geoff Fish
What i am really looking for is to break this into smaller components I believe as SQL wizrd is choking on all the nesting My preference would be to break

-* subselect 1

-*subselect 2
from agrgmlt, agbgift

-* subselect 3
from agrgmmo, agbgift

into smaller pieces (HOLDS) preferably with WF code then join to parent

February 12, 2016, 11:26 AM
Ricardo Augusto
Just fix your query and be happy!

I bet you can run this query from sql plus. When you are able to run it from sql plus you will be able to run it from a FEX.

February 12, 2016, 11:30 AM
Geoff Fish
it will run from TOAD but not in SQL wizard. Im not the owner of the SQL and don't have access to SQL PLUS but I would certainly be willing to entertain any suggestions re: the SQL code as I am no SQL expert

February 12, 2016, 11:47 AM
Ricardo Augusto
How do you connect on Oracle then? Using TOAD you might provide a username and password.

Is this query working on TOAD?

sqlplus comes with Oracle Client.

Open a terminal/console and type sqlplus /? or sqlplus --help
You might be able to connect on oracle using the same user/passwd you use on TOAD.

February 12, 2016, 12:26 PM
Geoff Fish
the query works in TOAD , however when I run this statement in SQL PLUS from within TOAD it does not

and I connect with a TNSNAMES file if that's any help

and yes I have to sign into TOAD

February 12, 2016, 04:08 PM
eric.woerle
whats the error you get when trying to run it in SQL wizard?

If it runs in toad it should run in WF.

Eric Woerle
8.1.05M Gen 913- Reporting Server Unix
8.1.05 Client Unix
Oracle 11.2.0.2
February 12, 2016, 04:09 PM
eric.woerle
and it looks like you have multiple queries. Each one needs to be its own request and held in its own hold file.

Eric Woerle
8.1.05M Gen 913- Reporting Server Unix
8.1.05 Client Unix
Oracle 11.2.0.2
February 17, 2016, 04:49 PM
Geoff Fish
Solved

changed

to select 5 , 'Balance of New FY Pledges' row_name, 0, sum(greatest(0, agrpdes_amt - -

and it now works don't ask me to splain it Lucy

MY ETL person suggested it

February 18, 2016, 11:29 AM
Ricardo Augusto
The magic of the ' - '